Felt bikes

FreakishlySlow

What do you guys think about Felt?  Since a certain shop is giving me the runaround with my Merida 903, I started looking elsewhere for a road bike.  The Felt's come with 10speed and better componenents than the Meridas.  Slightly more expensive, but for the extra gear and a combination of 105 and Ultegra vs the Merida's Tiagra, I think it might just be worth it.  I am specifically looking at the Felt F85.

OK, send me you 2c....

Thanks!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome bikes. Right through the range. MTB, road, TT. LOcal service and back-up is great and you'll find that most if not all Felt bikes are very comfortable.

When looking for a new road bike last year I test rode just about everything, including boutique brands and very high end Italian bikes, and the Felt FC came out tops for me.

I know Cycle Factory Store in Montague Gardens stock them and have some killer prices. (021) 552 8285

Raleigh and Felt are no comparison. Raleigh changes their frame every year and Felt has stayed with the same frame for many years. How many Euro pros ride Raleighs?

Upgraded from Raleigh to Felt last November. Excellent bikes, you can't go wrong!!

Raleigh and Felt are no comparison. Raleigh changes their frame every year and Felt has stayed with the same frame for many years. How many Euro pros ride Raleighs?

Thank you.

I challenge anybody to tell the difference between the Raleigh, Felt and Merida carbon frames in a blindfolded test. All frames must be fitted with the same components, wheels, tyres and all must have equal tyre pressure. R1 000 says you won't tell the difference.

Moral of the story: buy the bike that looks cool/offers a good guarantee/makes you feel special and most importantly, fits you.

http://www.raleigh.co.za/Images/Products/2008/Elite%20Road%20Carbon/RC%206000%20Carbon/large.jpg

Try this bike..... awesome price - R 15 699.95 ' date=' carbon frame and amazing specs...  Shimano 105 20 speed; Mavic Aksium Wheelset; Deda Elementi Big Logo stem with Big Piega Handlebar; Deda Elementi Metal Stick Seatpost;

Fizik Pave CX Sport Saddle

[/quote']

H 'n Raleigh is soos 'n ambei elke tweede poephol ry een,  en daai carbon fibre frame kraak meer as enige ander twee rame saamShockedShockedShockedShocked

I challenge anybody to tell the difference between the Raleigh' date=' Felt and Merida carbon frames in a blindfolded test. All frames must be fitted with the same components, wheels, tyres and all must have equal tyre pressure. R1 000 says you won't tell the difference.

Moral of the story: buy the bike that looks cool/offers a good guarantee/makes you feel special and most importantly, fits you. [/quote']

I'm game for your test. Bring it on, blindfold and all, and I'll give it a go.

I challenge anybody to tell the difference between the Raleigh' date=' Felt and Merida carbon frames in a blindfolded test. All frames must be fitted with the same components, wheels, tyres and all must have equal tyre pressure. R1 000 says you won't tell the difference.

Moral of the story: buy the bike that looks cool/offers a good guarantee/makes you feel special and most importantly, fits you. [/quote']

I'm game for your test. Bring it on, blindfold and all, and I'll give it a go.

Oh, forgot one thing. Check the difference in the warranties between Raleigh and Felt.

Oh, I forgot one thing: I supply the blindfold, you supply the bikes - and don't forget they need to be the same size smiley2.gif

Oh' date=' I forgot one thing: I supply the blindfold, you supply the bikes - and don't forget they need to be the same size smiley2.gif [/quote']

I'll buy the Felt. You can bring the others with the blind fold.

Its your challenge really Confused

Felt gives a 2 year guarantee on the frame.  I don't know what Raleigh has.

Raleigh:

Too expensive, almost double the price of the Felt F85

Crappy color scheme, rally nauseating

ambei-factor, every second schmo has one.

I just like the look of the Felts.  If I had 16k to spend on a bike, I probably wouldn't even have considered a Raleigh either.

No offense meant, but its a personal choice at this stage.  But please, keep the 2c coming!

Well raleigh bikes jus keep on snapping @ the head tube.Go for the felt beta out of the 3 brands mentioned but not my cup of tea.

Felt gives a 2 year guarantee on the frame.  I don't know what Raleigh has.

Raleigh:
Too expensive' date=' almost double the price of the Felt F85
Crappy color scheme, rally nauseating
ambei-factor, every second schmo has one.

I just like the look of the Felts.  If I had 16k to spend on a bike, I probably wouldn't even have considered a Raleigh either.

No offense meant, but its a personal choice at this stage.  But please, keep the 2c coming!
[/quote']

Got this off the Felt website: "All Felt adult bicycles and bicycle frames (Road, Triathlon, Speed, MTB, Cruisers, Comfort), except Shot models, are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner"

[Got this off the Felt website: "All Felt adult bicycles and bicycle frames (Road' date= Triathlon, Speed, MTB, Cruisers, Comfort), except Shot models, are warranted to be free from manufacturing defects in material and/or workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner" [/quote]

I can find this on the american site, but not the co.za one...maybe you don't get that guarantee in SA.