Raleigh Chipper Kids bike

MooToo

I have a Raleigh Chipper similar to the one in the photo, and would like some info on it, year? Model ? Etc. Its a single speed kiddies version of the Chopper! It needs a bit of work, but would like to have it restored for my son. Please assist. 

Thanks

post-604-0-80081200-1464805075_thumb.jpeg

I also have one I am going to restore - I had a similar one as a kid.

The model is a Chipper - came out around 1970/2 from memory and dissapeared after a few years.

When I outgrew it I swapped to a chopper - and that just caused a lot of pain....

I have a Raleigh Chipper similar to the one in the photo, and would like some info on it, year? Model ? Etc. Its a single speed kiddies version of the Chopper! It needs a bit of work, but would like to have it restored for my son. Please assist. 

Thanks

I forgot to quote you - fwiw - my small googling says they stopped producing in 1981.

I am looking for a sticker kit before I spray mine - let me know if you find one - I don't think they have any real value as collectibles - more just novelties.

Thanks, my brother had one, about 1976, came pipe down some steep hill in Durbanville. Ripped his knee to pieces.

What to restore it for my son, can't we make the sticker kits locally?

Thanks, my brother had one, about 1976, came pipe down some steep hill in Durbanville. Ripped his knee to pieces.

What to restore it for my son, can't we make the sticker kits locally?

Yup - can be done locally - just getting the artwork done is a mission - finding an existing set may be easier/cheaper

Matching the paint colour is easy - where are you based?

I am based in Greenstone Hill.

The only thing missing on the bike is the chain guard. Going to spray it CAT yellow.

Seat needs to be recovered, tires and tubes are original. It has one of those old valves, with a "condom" over it.

I am based in Greenstone Hill.

The only thing missing on the bike is the chain guard. Going to spray it CAT yellow.

Seat needs to be recovered, tires and tubes are original. It has one of those old valves, with a "condom" over it.

I had better look at the valves - also have what I believe are original tires and tubes - probably toast by now.

I will have a good search for sticker kits and let you know - otherwise I know a guy locally who can do them

Archived