Hand Held Flashlight

DJ84

Hi Guys,

looking for a bit of help,

i am in the market for a new torch.

Have a budget of roughly R 1 500.00 and it should be able to mount to my handlebars,

will use it on the odd occasion for MTBiking.

Dont want anything too big and bulky.

Have seen the following but looking for any other options that come with decent backup.

http://torchguy.com/products/crelant-vampire-v6cs

Thanks

Thats a mighty impressive light but that price is also quite big.

its worth noting that I got a no-name 1200 lumen light from solomons for r600  and even on half beam I can see anything and everything.

But if you are going to use it for night hikes or even a spotlight of a bakkie (which I am dead sure it can do at those specs) I would go for the flash light

Good luck :)

Thanks,

really looking for a comparative that anyone might have so that i can make my decision.

Thanks,

really looking for a comparative that anyone might have so that i can make my decision.

For your budget you could probably buy a torch and dedicated bike light - www . extremelights.co.za

Have a look on the site, I only paste the link to one torch, but there are better value for money products.

For your budget you could probably buy a torch and dedicated bike light - www . extremelights.co.za

Hi V12 man,

have a decent headlamp for cycling.

Purely looking for a carry torch for Hiking/camping ect and as a backup for the bike if need be.

Have a look on the site, I only paste the link to one torch, but there are better value for money products.

Thanks Breezer, 

Nothing really comparative there either much cheaper or for a different purpose (hunting with IR)

Just some more things to consider. For R1500 you can get one really nice torch or a really nice bike light. Or a bunch of cheap ones.

I personally use both expensive and cheap torches, the light output is pretty much the same, but the cheaper ones don't have all the fancy overheating circuits, battery warnings, etc.. On a bike, run-time is super important, as you don't want the thing to suddenly shutoff because it got a bit hot or didn't give you a battery warning; so I would steer clear of cheap ones for safety reasons. The other thing is beam pattern, most normal flashlights tend to have throw instead of a flood pattern more suitable for a bike.

I've got one of these (in your price range), never put it on the bike though, but given that it's designed to be mounted on rifles, it can take quite a beating:

http://nitecoresa.co.za/home/flashlight-combo-mh12-1000-lumens-includes-3200mah-battery-micro-usb-charging-cable/

Otherwise from DX.com, you can probably get 4-5 for R1500.