Ford Ranger Bike rack - what do you think?

Track

Awesome stuff,

here is mine, carries 5 bikes easy

Just used a carpet with a noodle over the top of the tailgate and a canvas over that.

Plenty of space behind the bikes as well

Awesome stuff,

here is mine, carries 5 bikes easy

attachicon.gifIMG-20160605-WA0004.jpeg

Just used a carpet with a noodle over the top of the tailgate and a canvas over that.

attachicon.gifIMG-20160605-WA0006.jpeg

Plenty of space behind the bikes as well

Looks great. I looked at this option but needed to do something whereby I could pack camping equipment in the bin so it could stay dry.

Looks great. I looked at this option but needed to do something whereby I could pack camping equipment in the bin so it could stay dry.

Yeah, I fully understand. I have a canopy normally, and a 3 bike platform rack. We did a shuttle day on this day, so it was the best option.

• 2 years later...

I have designed a rack for a friend with a toyota hilux that can load 4 bikes, using frontrunner attachments. You can leave the cover on and the rack is easily removable 

post-21915-0-78649100-1546943105_thumb.jpg

post-21915-0-65110800-1546943509_thumb.jpg

Similar deal...

Did exactly the same with mine, tanneau cover under the racks. Very very convenient and quick to load/unload bikes.

Have had to remove it now though because the Thule racks don't work so nicely on my new bike. Have ordered myself an Island Style tailgate pad - really looking forward to getting it. Should be convenient...

Archived