WIDE 29er wheels- what to get

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CARBON CARBON CARBON......

plenty alternatives around....  build up a set with hubs and spokes of your choice :)

Just pulled the trigger on a set from Light-Bicycle. $170 per rim and $57 for shipping. Dont forget the paypal fee.

Yes its more expensive than the alluminium but I think itll be one purchase and klaar.

Use your current hubs and all you need is spokes and a build

Good luck!

Just pulled the trigger on a set from Light-Bicycle. $170 per rim and $57 for shipping. Dont forget the paypal fee.

Yes its more expensive than the alluminium but I think itll be one purchase and klaar.

Use your current hubs and all you need is spokes and a build

Good luck!

I did consider the light bicycle carbons but the wide 29er rims are R4000 each. I just sold my enves coz i want something cheaper that i can destroy and replace for cheap (R1500) or so. Carbon rims are not my favourite.

Agreed. Derby, cSixx, Pyga, LBW (if you'd like to import), Corse

Those derby rims are 440 dollar a pop. Thats mental for something I'm going to break in 3months time. If i did xc or Normal trail riding i would have stuck with carbon. But i tend to do stupid stuff on my bike.

I did consider the light bicycle carbons but the wide 29er rims are R4000 each. I just sold my enves coz i want something cheaper that i can destroy and replace for cheap (R1500) or so. Carbon rims are not my favourite.

What about a set of these? 4.5mm edges on them... should take just about anything you throw at them - I have a set of 30mm xc rims from them that have taken hits that no alloy rim will survive.

http://www.xmcarbonspeed.com/Productinfo.asp?f=1400

Yup they would do. How much are they? Couldn't find a price on the web.

Drop Peter an email - he is very responsive

Eventually got around to building my wheels, Spank Oozy 345 rims on Dabomb Strafe hubs. I am quite a hefty hacker and I am really impressed with these rims! Destroyed my rear tyre running a low pressure at Hakahana, pinging my way down a trail. 6 plugs later and not a scratch or ding in the rim!

post-31228-0-50032300-1466499144_thumb.jpg

Archived