Bike Shop Amanzimtoti

McStoosh

Does anyone know of a good bike shop in the Toti area? I am having issues with my Reverb seatpost.

Thanks.

Does anyone know of a good bike shop in the Toti area? I am having issues with my Reverb seatpost.

Thanks.

What's the specific issue?

What's the specific issue?

Hi Spoke,

The return speed became slightly slower over time and I bled the system. After bleeding, the seatpost will now not drop at all. I did a bit of research and the only info I could find on this problem was 1) too much oil in system as a result of return speed dial being turned all the way in while bleeding; 2) trapped air. Not sure what to do now - only info I could get was to rebleed or to open the bleed valve on the seatpost to let out some oil.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Hi Spoke,

The return speed became slightly slower over time and I bled the system. After bleeding, the seatpost will now not drop at all. I did a bit of research and the only info I could find on this problem was 1) too much oil in system as a result of return speed dial being turned all the way in while bleeding; 2) trapped air. Not sure what to do now - only info I could get was to rebleed or to open the bleed valve on the seatpost to let out some oil.

Any advice?

Thanks.

I'm not 100% sure on the reverb's but if its not dropping I think there is to little oil in the system thus not opening the valve unless there is a bigger issue.

How long have you had it and when if ever was it last serviced?

I don't know anyone in the Durban area that services Reverb's, Greg Minnaar Cycles in Pietermaritzburg will be able to though but it's not a cheep affair.

I'll try get some info from the suspension mech about the bleed procedure for you. Otherwise drop Droo https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/4362-droo/ a PM and he should be able to give you more insight.

I'm not 100% sure on the reverb's but if its not dropping I think there is to little oil in the system thus not opening the valve unless there is a bigger issue.

How long have you had it and when if ever was it last serviced?

I don't know anyone in the Durban area that services Reverb's, Greg Minnaar Cycles in Pietermaritzburg will be able to though but it's not a cheep affair.

I'll try get some info from the suspension mech about the bleed procedure for you. Otherwise drop Droo https://www.bikehub.co.za/forum/user/4362-droo/ a PM and he should be able to give you more insight.

The reverb is a 2015 model and hasn't been ridden all that much. The return became a bit sluggish very recently, which I was hoping the bleed would sort out. I suppose it could use a service, but was hoping to avoid for a while due to cost.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

There are two bleed procedures on the Reverb. One on the remote and the other on the post itself.  The latter requires a full service and special tools.  The problem is that the service kit runs at close to R1000 and if you need to replace the top bushing an further R500+.  Add in labour and you have a real bill.  Most shops will send it in to the agents for service

There are two bleed procedures on the Reverb. One on the remote and the other on the post itself.  The latter requires a full service and special tools.  The problem is that the service kit runs at close to R1000 and if you need to replace the top bushing an further R500+.  Add in labour and you have a real bill.  Most shops will send it in to the agents for service

Thanks David.

The bleed I did was on the remote. The post was working fairly well until I decided to tinker and bleed the remote system, so I am hoping it does not need a full service.

There is a bike shop in Athlone Park towards the golf course end of Kingsway. Not sure what it's called, but it is in Athlone Park shopping center near Memories restaurant

The reverb is a 2015 model and hasn't been ridden all that much. The return became a bit sluggish very recently, which I was hoping the bleed would sort out. I suppose it could use a service, but was hoping to avoid for a while due to cost.

Thanks for the advice, it's much appreciated.

Have just spoken to the Mech, he says the confirmed that the barrel adjuster need to be fully out to create as much space as possible in the system.

Secondly you need to bleed from both the remote and post ends. Once this is done, replace the remote bleed screw first and then pressurize the system using the syringe on the post making sure there is no free play in the remote actuator, you might need to physically gently pull the actuator out while pressing on the post syringe gently then replace the post bleed screw. if this doesn't sort it out then you will need to send it to the professionals.

Have just spoken to the Mech, he says the confirmed that the barrel adjuster need to be fully out to create as much space as possible in the system.

Secondly you need to bleed from both the remote and post ends. Once this is done, replace the remote bleed screw first and then pressurize the system using the syringe on the post making sure there is no free play in the remote actuator, you might need to physically gently pull the actuator out while pressing on the post syringe gently then replace the post bleed screw. if this doesn't sort it out then you will need to send it to the professionals.

Thanks Spoke, will rebleed using this and see if it works. really appreciate the help.

The syringes that come with the post have a long nozzle on the end which you need to get in at the seat post end of the remote system.  Sram have a video on You Tube that covers the procedure.

Do the post first then the remote BUT make sure you do both properly and that there is no air at all once you have done both bleeds otherwise it will not work properly. Done mine twice and it's quite a process.

Archived