Hi guys 

Trust you are all well.

Yesterday my brother in law went for a ride after watching Hamilton win at the British F1 race, much to his demise.

We started the ride, the weather nice and warm until a cold wind started picking up. At about the 5 km mark will going down a road called West street in Brentwood park which has a 2 % descent gradient.

We were doing around 44 km/h when we decided that we would try to be Chris Froome, even after the attached warning provided on Facebook stating it was a bad idea.

I was sitting on the top bar on the bike and decided pedalling = speed (thats normal logic right?). At this time my left knee hit the bottom end of the drop bars and this in turn made the bike preform and unexpected turn, I guess for the worst.

The bike and I went down pretty hard, Note to self: use glove cover part of hand to slow down and not fingertips, with the bike landing on my rear Campagnolo skewer (needs replaced). After this, the contact points ranged from the bottom of the drop bars (replace bar tap) to the hood of the left gear shifter (needs replaced) to the left pedal (seems fine) and the seat (needs replaced).

The section I'm most worried about however is the rear of the bike due to the bike being carbon. Whats the best way of identifying a hairline crack in the frame?

I completed another 18 ish km on the bike before we had to return home due to sunlight and this was followed by a bit of screaming why trying to clean the roasties I received during my experience.

During the rest of the ride, I tried to push the bike as I usually do and nothing or out of place,  this was over all types of road including a plot road that has a few sections of covered potholes (Near brothers in laws house).

The bike in question is a Merida Scultura 4000 Carbon bike.

Thanks for the help 

post-74802-0-05829200-1468213453_thumb.png

If nothing feels loose or broken then generally nothing is...

If it really concerns you then clean the bike and go over it visually as well as feeling for any "dents" or rough spots on the frame tubes. Remember carbon is a LOT stronger than people think...

Archived