How to interpret/setup/configure/personalize data in software i.e. performance management chart (PMC) from TrainingPeaks or any other free software.

Hi Malcolm

We hope you are well.

Thanks for the suggestion. Great topic and one that we think would benefit a lot of other Hub users.

I think we all have our own preferences for our own data and for each of our athletes, but perhaps we could compile a 'best of' article.

We are slowly moving over to Golden Cheetah for most of our analyses, but most of the software options can produce similar graphs or tables.

Just throwing it out there, but what about a workshop where you bring your laptop and data? Is that something that would interest you?

Thanks again for the interaction.

Hope all is well your side.

This is a great idea, I'm using a power meter now for a while but I dont really "use" it as I should.

Hi Malcolm

We hope you are well.

Thanks for the suggestion. Great topic and one that we think would benefit a lot of other Hub users.

I think we all have our own preferences for our own data and for each of our athletes, but perhaps we could compile a 'best of' article.

We are slowly moving over to Golden Cheetah for most of our analyses, but most of the software options can produce similar graphs or tables.

Just throwing it out there, but what about a workshop where you bring your laptop and data? Is that something that would interest you?

Thanks again for the interaction.

Hope all is well your side.

All good my side, thanks. I think the regular power articles is awesome, please keep it coming. A workshop with our laptops & data would be great & would definitely interest me.

Hi Guys, I think that the idea of a workshop would go down well with those of us that like to know a little more about what and why we are doing certain types of training...

One question: How do you interpret the PMC when using a combination of HR & Power or cant you? In this instance should you rather just use the Stress chart in GC?

Thanks for the comments above Flames. We will definitely look at putting a workshop together.

Many of our athletes have more than one bike and sometimes only one bike has a power meter on. This then creates 'gaps' in the PMC.

There are different ways to deal with this:

1. Use different metrics to create the PMC (TRIMPS - which is based on time in each heart rate zone)

2. Rating of Perceived Exertion (RPE) generated PMC

3. Manually assign a TSS to the sessions - This can be based on a similar session done with power.

I hope this answers your question.