SCOTT SCALE 950 2016 VS GIANT VS SILVERBACK SOLA 2

belluxa88

Hey Guys

So as most of us know, Cycle lab has great specials on now for the tour De France Promo

I had a look at the Scott Scale 950 and the Silverback Sola 2

Really looking for something slightly lighter than my current Merida Big 7 20 D

I had a friend tell me that Giant may also be better speced for the same price but I have no clue about giant bikes. What model giant is in line with the above bikes?

Thanks all

Giant Anthem is the better bike than both Scott and Silverback in terms of suspension design. ESPECIALLY the Scott.

If you were looking at the 2017 Scott, then it'd be a better option.

Comparatively it'd be the Anthem 2, I believe.

Between the 2 you've mentioned (Scott & Silverback) the Silverback is the better option from a suspension design perspective. That old Scott single pivot design (how it was up until now) is not the best.

He is asking about the entry level hardtails Myles.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Hey Guys

So as most of us know, Cycle lab has great specials on now for the tour De France Promo

I had a look at the Scott Scale 950 and the Silverback Sola 2

Really looking for something slightly lighter than my current Merida Big 7 20 D

I had a friend tell me that Giant may also be better speced for the same price but I have no clue about giant bikes. What model giant is in line with the above bikes?

Thanks all

At a brief look, I would take the Silverback. It has better brakes than the Scott. Suspension forks are pretty much on par I think? Scott has better shifters but not that much better. My final decision would come down to the wheels, which I assume are crap on both bikes.

The equivalent Giant would be the Talon, it's a 3x so don't get it.

At a brief look, I would take the Silverback. It has better brakes than the Scott. Suspension forks are pretty much on par I think? Scott has better shifters but not that much better. My final decision would come down to the wheels, which I assume are crap on both bikes.

The equivalent Giant would be the Talon, it's a 3x so don't get it.

The Giant Talon's wheels may be nicer though?

He is asking about the entry level hardtails Myles.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Tuesday morning fail. 

Mehness. 

In that case, I'd go for the Silverback. Will be marginally better specced than the Scott. 

Guys, You've really helped me

Looking through the Bike Hub Classifieds. Maybe I can find a better spec Bike 2nd hand

Have a super week ahead 

Look at second hand XTC Giant with XT. all less than 10k, thank me later, take the 5k and buy new wheels. 

That should be enough for this thread :D