[Event] BoutTime WTF Race Sponsored By Navworld

janneman72

Event Name: BoutTime WTF Race Sponsored By Navworld
When: 3 December 2016
Where: 3ci (Capital City Church International), Gauteng
Category: MTB

Navworld/WTF MTB Race

The BoutTime WTF MTB Challenge presented by Navworld is named after the famous Strava section in Pretoria East called “WTF”. This section is a 1.5km climb with an average gradient of 6.1% and ascents the rider by 95m. This Strava section is used by many mountain bikers to prepare for events like the Cape Epic, Sani2C, Cape Pioneer and has been ridden almost 30,000 times by 2,500 riders!!!

Wessel Botha is currently the record holder with a whopping time of 3:52 done in 2016 at an average speed of 23.7km/h and in 2nd place Thinus Redelinghuys with a 4:17 and 21.7km/h. The most WTF repeats record is held by Barend Burger who rode WTF 34x times in 5 hours, this is 3,301m elevation in 109km during the annual PEMBI (Pretoria East Mountain Biking Initiative) WTF challenge supported by Navworld & BoutTime.

Most MTB races around Pretoria East takes place on the northern side of the Bronberge so we had the idea of doing things a bit different from 2015 onwards. The route will remain the same as last year until WTF, from there it will become totally different as we are designing a new route with much more Jeep Track, singletrack and will be a bit more challenging. This race will be a proper MTB race with 3 distances, SASeeding, marshals, medics, instant results, position, K/QOM's, Sponsors, prizes, BOERIE ROLL & DRINKS included in entry fee(also available at a minimum fee for the public & supporters).

Check out and LIKE our
for the latest updates.

Your entry will include the following
  • Category & Spot Prizes worth R25,000 to be won including Garmin Virbs and much much more supplied by our sponsors.
  • K/QOM prizes
  • SASeeding Event before the festive season
  • Ample parking for 1000 cars
  • Boerie roll & cooldrink/cider/beer included in entry fee & available to your supporters at a reduced fee
  • Early Start @ 6:30
  • 20% Discount on fitness items from Navworld
  • Riding for a cause, proceeds will go towards the Turke charity group.
  • Open, Single Speed & Tandem Category
  • BoutTime will ensure for instant results on your phone and website as you finish, no more waiting
  • On the spot seeding for line entries until 5 minutes prior to batch A departs
  • Well stocked water/nutrition points
    • 110km: Stations at 10km, 21km, 35km, 62km, 90km and Finish

• 70km: Stations at 10km, 21km, 35km, 62km and Finish

• 40km: Stations at 10km, 21km, 32km and Finish

Distance:
40, 70km or ~110km of epic mountain biking

When:
3 December 2016, Saturday. Race will start at 6h30 Sharp

Where:
or check on

Go to Event Page

• 4 months later...

i saw on the site that the profiles were published. GPX files on Friday it seems. These guys don't do lap races, it will be like the Mahala Magic. Ingaadi MTB section is going to rock, did you see their post on facebook?