Superstar hub axle snapped

Xanderstander

Yip

Problem is that there are different axles for different Hubs... So although they are rebranded Novatec it might be a 712 axle or a 542 axle.

Best would be to send us the hub and let Louis have a look at it. Axles are about R295 - R395 each.

good work Naas

only problem is that this particular one is the Trizoid model. 

Saw Hairy on the trails this weekend and he mentioned that he'd given Xander the contact details of the guy in charge at Superstar. That's the best course of action IMO

Yeah, Hairy has been a legend and mailed the guy that he previously worked with from Superstar and CC'd me in there. But unfortunately the guys from Superstar aren't replying.. 

Yip

Problem is that there are different axles for different Hubs... So although they are rebranded Novatec  it might be a 712 axle or a 542 axle.

Best would be to send us the hub and let Louis have a look at it. Axles are about R295 - R395 each.

Howzit Naas. The hub is still at someone in Stellies, but will try to figure something out to get it to you guys. 

Really hoping that the axle is the only problem. There has been a nasty creak coming from the back area from before the axle was snapped.. Might have been due to the axle being cracked (not sure if it was cracked for a while and then snapped, or if it all happened in one go..). So I'm scared that after all of the effort of getting a new axle, the hub ends up being the source of that creak, then I have to replace the hub anyway

It's also worrying that this is the 2nd axle that has been snapped whilest using that hub..  but oh well. WIll try to get it to you guys in the week. 

Thanks man. 

Yip

Problem is that there are different axles for different Hubs... So although they are rebranded Novatec  it might be a 712 axle or a 542 axle.

Best would be to send us the hub and let Louis have a look at it. Axles are about R295 - R395 e

This is what the old girl looks like btw

post-91276-0-24606700-1473099016_thumb.jpg

Archived