Route 99 this weekend

ycowley

Anyone doing the Route 99 race this weekend?

I am doing Saturday and Sunday (have opted out of the long Friday ride).

Really scared of the distances as never done more than 50km on a MTB

I have not done the Route99, I have however ridden a fair amount of the area, as well as leverage corporation races.

The distance will not kill you, but the area lends itself to some tough riding. Loose rocks and stones etc. There are also some sections typically that goes over cattle paths and some freshly exposed graspolle.

Good luck, and most of all, Enjoy it! You will probably surprise yourself.

I have not done the Route99, I have however ridden a fair amount of the area, as well as leverage corporation races.

The distance will not kill you, but the area lends itself to some tough riding. Loose rocks and stones etc. There are also some sections typically that goes over cattle paths and some freshly exposed graspolle.

Good luck, and most of all, Enjoy it! You will probably surprise yourself.

Thanks. Too late to turn back now

Thanks. Too late to turn back now

So how did it go?

My first multi stage event. And man, what tough riding. Rode as a team.

Day 1. 77km and 1207m of ascent.

Day 2. 62km and 1113m of ascent.

Day 3. 37km and 740m of ascent.

Day 2 was tough through Kings kloof. Partner and I basically rode everything. Except the 2 river crossings decided to be conservative on those. The terrain was unbelievable with a mixture of technical ascents and descents and cool single track.

Saw a guy who came off at the second 1.

Was 3 days of proper enjoyable mountain biking a stones throw from joburg. What a pleasure!

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

Archived