Tandem Bike rack

RaceChick

Guest Big H
Just chop the bike in half and weld some hinges onto it...problem solved!!

Santana, Burley, Co Motion Bilenki, Serotta and many many other makes tandems that split in two using S&S Machines Couplings. Look at this link http://www.sandsmachine.com/bp_sant.htm

http://www.sandsmachine.com/p_san_t7.jpg

Yup ....... this tandem splits and fits in the case shown!!!!!!!!

Guest Big H
geez man' date=' you have issues!  [/quote']

Yup ............... you are right again, you must have been born with a helmet on.... a Giro Atmos I think?????? I have back issues of Bicycling, Ride, MBUK, Magnum/Man, Guns and Ammo, Flyfishing, National Geographic, Birds and Birding, Getaway, SA CAravanning, You, Huisgenoot and even Scope in storage

• 1 year later...

Hey BigH I know this is an old post but was looking for some tips as I am a new recruit to the tandem thing and seems you are the god father of tandems. Any chance of some more tips like maintenance, care of bike weaknesses to look out for etc. Would be greatly appreciated when you have the chance. ThanksSmileClap 

There are various websites on the web where you can look at is you use Google to search. We have been riding Tandem since 2002 but I am by far not the "godfather" I normally go by other names attributed to me on the Hub. The best site regarding tandems and Tandem know-how is www.sheldonbrown.com  Browse on this site as there are many tips, accessories etc. A messageboard that has a Tandem Specific Forum is www.bikeforums.net.

Well built tandems has very little weaknesses. Critical things are as following:-

* Well built tandem specific wheel sets. These wheels must be built by GOOD wheelsmiths. A tandem wheels is subjected to much higher workload and stresses as a half bicycle.

* Stay with Shimano components for derailleurs and shifters, other are not up to standard. SRAM may work but Campagnolo is way to unreliable.

* Learn to change gears properly. Your chains will last much longer. In Tandem riding you have to look ahead in the road and predict when you will be changing  gears.

Look after your stoker. He/She is the most important component on the Tandem. A Stoker is alway right. There are no gray areas in Tandem riding. If you and your stoker cannot form a team right form the start it will b]nver work properly for you to gell and work in synergy as a team. Rather do not proceed. With Tandem riding (and in our case) it is either a Honeymoon or you ride straight into and through the divorce court!!!!!!!

Enjoy your tandem and ride two-gether!!!!!

< id="gwProxy" ="">< ="jsCall;" id="jsProxy" ="">