Speed and cadence sensor for Spinning bike

slickandtyred

Looking for speed and cadence sensors for a Raleigh spinning bike that are Garmin Fenix 3 compatible.

The current generation Garmin cadence sensor works fine as it attaches to the crank. However the Garmin speed sensor is the type that wraps around the rear hub. This spinning bike has the heavy front wheel disc and has no place to attach the speed sensor.

Ideally need a speed sensor that has a reader that can attach to the fork and has a magnet/sensor that can be attached to the wheel as it spins around.

Any ideas what i could use? Garmin said they did not have anything to suit. 

Wahoo options? Other?

Thanks

post-75508-0-92430300-1477410229_thumb.jpg

I have a polar set, but the polar app does not support the sensors...  Figure....

I have a magnet on the front wheel, but got it as stock on the wheel.  Take it that if you stick a round magnet on the wheel it would not move farther than the rim.  If you get a solution for speed and cadence that works that wont break the bank further (Polar BT stuff cost me about R1000) please post an update.

btw... You can stick a magnet near the hub as well.  It moves a bit less than the outer part of the wheel.

Yip thought about the Wahoo blue sc speed and cadence goodie. Has ANT+ and blue tooth. Should work....just waiting input from others too.

Wahoo is R1100

Archived