Trails - Langebaan area

Myth

Hi, I will be spending two weeks in Langebaan this December and would like to know if anyone can recommend any trails in the area.  Even though I know there probably won't be much of a challenge in terms of climbing/technical in the area as its pretty flat (perhaps I'm mistaken?), that does not really matter as I will be on holiday and really will only riding for pleasure and scenery, not really as a challenge.  I am fairly fit, so would also prefer if there's something with a bit of distance to it (say 50km or longer).  Anything you guys can recommend?  I am aware of the West Coast National park that has some gravel roads (which I will definitely also go ride), but is there anything more dedicated to MTB'ing?

Also, how safe is it to cycle from Langebaan to Melkbos or Vredenburg?  I might consider also doing a few tar rides just for exercise.

Thanks in advance...

Hi,

You can get around 80km of road riding in the West Coast National Park. There's nothing technical to ride but there are some gravel roads and dirt tracks. The closest trails are at Wolwefontein, near Darling (21km), and Khwa Ttu, just before the Yzerfontein turn-off (30km). Make sure your tyres are topped up with sealant, there are lots of thorns. And try ride in the mornings, the wind gets quite rough there most afternoons.

There is also a short trail inside the Langebaan Country Estate (golf course) called "Snakebite". It is only 7km though… Some rad wildlife to see running around while you ride. Nothing technical but worth a few laps for the fun of it and to taste sweet single track while you are away.

• 1 year later...

Hi guys.

Reviving this old thread.!kwa ttu and wolwefontein is enough but would just like to find out if there's any other trails added in the area?

Archived