'Dale

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Johnny D's hands taped up before PR

Kramon_Roubaix2017_0748-e1491877307997.j

Not that Tommeke's comment has anything to do with it, but Degenkolb really is going nowhere slow for some reason.

Starting to doubt if he'll peak sometime this year.

"It's a very difficult moment for me. In the past days I didn't train, hoping the pain will go away, but this didn't happen... I am sad to miss the Ardennes Classics, which I'm very fond of, but there really is nothing I can do about it. Despite this, I remain upbeat and hope to return as soon as possible to action. At the same time, I want to wish all the best to my teammates who will ride the Ardennes over the next weeks."

Alaphillippe, missing the Ardennes, anticipating more medical examinations after his recent crash

De Brabantse Pijl'

The race has just kicked off, with six riders going on the attack to form the early break of the day.

The six are Van Rensburg (Dimension Data), Blythe (Aqua Blue Sport), Rota (Bardiani), Dempster (Israel Cycling Academy), Prémont (Verandas Willems) and Masson (LA Vera Classic).

Today's 197km race is paced with nasty Ardennes hills or cotes, with a strong of four climbs covered three times on a tough finishing circuit near Overijse, south-east of Brussels.

The peloton is also reacting to the attack, with two riders trying to go across the 15-second gap.

Dries De Bondt (Vérandas Willems-Crelan) is the lone chaser but he's 1:20 down on the break now. He faces a tough task in no-man's land.

170km remaining from 197km

After a fast start, the break has extended its lead to 6:45. The peloton will wait for the climbs on the finishing circuit to bring the gap down.

Meanwhile ⚠️⚠️⚠️

Mark Cavendish has been diagnosed with Epstein-Barr Virus – commonly known as Glandular Fever or Mononucleosis - and will need time out to make a gradual return to training and fitness. The virus was identified during a quarterly UCI blood test.

Cyclingnews

Hoping Nathan Haas can do something for DD today. Their cupboards very bare this year.

Go Hasie Go.

Hoping Nathan Haas can do something for DD today. Their cupboards very bare this year.

Go Hasie Go.

De Brabantse Phil now on SS6 if anyone is interested.

Sent from my SM-J200H using Tapatalk