Bottelary MTB trail

Nieldt1702

Posers hoek? Well if you're a poser then I guess it's fine.

In Stellenbosch the best trails are Bottelary and the STF trails that stretch all the way from campus to Mont Marie.

Having a hard time deciding which I'll ride tomorrow. I did both in one day and ended up with 88km.

Jonkershoek is sublime, can't understand your attitude at all. But congratulations on going on a very long ride, thanks for sharing.

On a more serious note, and on topic too, when will the Ribbok single track that was affected by the fire be open again?

Re Ribbok, ground work needs to be done on the trail which will only be possible once the soil has sufficient moisture. This allows time for dead trees, branches etc to fall before re-opening. If we get good autumn rain the trail should be ready come June.

Thanks for the update. Still had a great ride with the shortend version of Ribbok today. Last week I tried the Hartenberg short cut and noticed some intersecting ST in the bit of woods where the 4x4 track is. Any plans to integrate that at some point? Same time frame as Ribbok getting rain?

Some pics from today ride

post-38519-0-65563100-1485106662_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-07228500-1485106672_thumb.jpg

Seems like Pietie had a small fire to deal with this week, ST appeared to act as a good barrier. 

post-38519-0-31575900-1485106683_thumb.jpg

post-38519-0-54831700-1485106733_thumb.jpg

I love Bottelary, it is awesome and when I get the chance I ride. I would describe Orange as s..t. Really it is not worth it. 

Do all the other routes - especially yellow - just for the love of all that is good never do Orange.

I REALLY enjoy Yellow / Blue / Green, but have not yet done the orange one, how would describe it?

Orange is short and flat. Farm road loop which is nice for beginners.

Think I will then stick to my normal loop, maybe just throw in Ystervark along the way

Orange is short and flat. Farm road loop which is nice for beginners.

Hi,

Thanks for all the replies. We started and ended at Zevenwacht and between the markers together with a printed map in my pocket we managed just fine. Ended on 47 km's with the yellow section the best of the route in my opinion. Saw some beautiful scenery for the 1st time and finished the ride off with an ice cold bottle of Sauvignon Blanc and a cheese board at Zevenwacht. Left a huge smile on my face for the rest of the week-end. :)

Archived