Cura Brakes???

Suidwes Boytjie

Anybody any experience with these brakes? Any good? Compared to other brakes

Been searching the forums, but nowhere this particular brake set is mentioned.

Thanx guys

Quite a few magazine reviews out on the web if you google them. Generally they get good reviews and Formulas first brake that uses mineral oil (apparently). Enduro angled so they are going to have enough fire power. 

A friend of mine who has them swears by them and at the pace he rides and where he rides he needs a solid and great bunch of stopping power to grab onto. 

I'm looking about for a set of these or a set of guides but they seem quite hard to find at a decent price.

Yeah those Guide brakesets are expensive. 

I have the Shimano XT M8000 brakeset currently, but it feels unreliable (probably not the right word to describe it) 

The last couple of months on any of my rides whenever i pull the brake lever it will grip and brake, then the next pull on the lever it doesn't want to pull in and there is hardly any grip on the brakes... release the lever and pull again, then it brakes. Almost as if you need to pump the brakes.

Taken it to the LBS (2 in fact) where they bled the brakes again, checked the pads and first ride again, same issue again... bit frustrating specially when riding tricky sections where you really need your brakes to work properly and not half ass on the downhill.

Yeah those Guide brakesets are expensive. 

I have the Shimano XT M8000 brakeset currently, but it feels unreliable (probably not the right word to describe it).

There was quite a bit of chat about the XT brakes having a few issues and alot of threads on MTBR, Pink Bike and Rotorburn with a few fixes but seems to have been a real thing. 

Am still looking about for a set or the Guide Rs or the Curas. In no rush but if you spot a special online post it up.