Spare helmets for a father & son in need in Cape Town

Rushdee

post-11091-0-66044500-1486976589_thumb.jpg

Starting to see this dad and son more frequently on my morning school run/drop-off. The child carrier, backpack in hand and daily routine most likely means that this dad is taking his son to school too. This morning I witnessed him dodge a car that approached a bit too fast from a side road. My heart skipped a beat. We won't know if he can't afford helmets or if he thinks that somehow he will get by on a wing and a prayer. Probably the latter. If anyone can get a spare adult and kiddies helmet to me, preferably sooner than later, I will keep it in my car and hand it to him as soon as I see him dodging cars again. I live in Claremont and work in Cape Town CBD. And yes I am aware that using a cell phone while driving is an offense and that taking a pic while driving probably put the father and son at risk too however my speed indicates that I slowed down a lot to take the pic, I also ensured that I did not impede or hinder other cars. So please don’t go off on a tangent about mobile phones and driving..

Cheers

Hi Stressed Eric.. I have a spare adult helmet ... I work in the CBD.. 

Corner of Hans Strydom, Hereengracht, I can  bring it in on Wednesday...

Let me know, Glen 

Hi Stressed Eric.. I have a spare adult helmet ... I work in the CBD.. 

Corner of Hans Strydom, Hereengracht, I can  bring it in on Wednesday...

Let me know, Glen 

Awesome thanks. Will drop you a PM with contact info.

I think I might have one or two kiddies helmets here in CPT as well.

Will check tonight and if yes, can drop it on Friday.

Will PM you later.

Thanks for the responses. Will post an update here if/when I make some progress. If I see the rider before I have the helmets I'll see if I can stop him and exchange phone numbers so that it will be easier to find him when the helmets are ready.

Simultaneously stopping a car and a bicycle in busy peak hour traffic is tricky you say? Challenge.. accepted.

Thanks for the responses. Will post an update here if/when I make some progress. If I see the rider before I have the helmets I'll see if I can stop him and exchange phone numbers so that it will be easier to find him when the helmets are ready.

Simultaneously stopping a car and a bicycle in busy peak hour traffic is tricky you say? Challenge.. accepted.

Its a fantastic gesture Stressed Eric :-)

If you still need a helmet for the kid, I have a red Raleigh helmet that you can take.

The only problem is getting it to Claremont.

Also have a small Lazer helmet which I am willing to postnet down to Cape Town. Let me know should you require the helmet.

Thanks for all the offers folks. Sorted for now thanks to Patchelicious and T-Bag68.

On the look out for the rider.

T-Bag68. Thank heavens that alias doesn't end with '69'..

Thanks for all the offers folks. Sorted for now thanks to Patchelicious and T-Bag68.

The less said the better  :eek:  :clap:  :clap:

Maybe we can sort the helmet tomorrow... I will sms you  :thumbup:

It's a pleasure dude, I hope those helmets work, thank you for driving this.

We need more guys like you.

Archived