Cannondale vs Silverback

SebulonA

Go for the Silverback. I upgraded from my Cannondale to a 2017 Sido 1 and never looked back.

Are you still enjoying your Sido1? Looks like great value with good components. Scott Spark 940 with similar components and heavier bike selling for R10k more! Not sure worth it?

A buddy of mine who weights 78KG is on his third Cannondale frame after the other 2 cracked.

He is going to sell his Cannondale.

Go SIDO

Not really indicative for the brand. Im 104kg and im still on my original frame.

What you saying is like saying all chicks above 78kg stink

But ill admit. The Silverback bikes are good looking lately

Edited by Meentb

In terms of after sales service, there has been lots of complaints levelled at Omnico, the importers of Cannondale lately.

Silverback has, on the other hand, had plenty of compliments

I have had excellent support from Omnico with 2 issues on my Trigger- one relatively minor and one fairly pricey. No questions asked, just sorted. 

• 1 year later...

Hi I can get a cannondale scapel vir R26800. 2016 modrl. Or a silverback Sido 2 for R26000. Which obe should I go for? Any advise please. Thanks Susan

Just had a look at the Sido 3 and then the sido 1.

Computer keybord full of drool.

I would be best then if you do not look at the Sesta.

Silverback has the best value for money IMO. Usually better specd at a lower cost. Post more info on the Cannondale in order for us to give better advice.

Hi I can get a cannondale scapel vir R26800. 2016 modrl. Or a silverback Sido 2 for R26000. Which obe should I go for? Any advise please. Thanks Susan

I am rather biased towards Silverback having owned several. They make fine bikes. Are both bikes 2016 models? It would help for a more fairer comparison and therefore as unbiased an opinion that I can give.

Haven't been on a Sido or the entry level cannondale but on looks I would go for the silverback also think with less pivots it should be cheaper to maintain.