Hazeldean 60km MTB Race

4x4biker

As a newbie to this sport, after many years of road running, it is a well organised event, ample parking , nice well marked route. Ablution facilities can be beefed up. Too little for the number of riders with their families. Nice idea sharing the race venue with a market to piggyback on the facilities.
One bad taste was the "impationed ego centered hooligan" 200m after the start trying to make his way to the front and misjudged himself and his pedals got hooked in my front wheel causing 4 to 5 riders, inluding himself to fall. Luckily I managed to keep the rubber on the gravel. You deserve it, just a pity your selfishness caused discomfort to others and repairs to my front wheel. Next time be in time , stand in front and be a gentlemen. If you don't understand this, stay away. I trust you are licking your wounds today, and your bike is damaged beyond repair. Enjoy your selfishness!!
But, the chance that you will read this is very slim, your type are useally illiterate.
To the organisers and sponsors , well done.

Did the 30km.  Quite enjoyed the fast flowing single tracks.  Loved the beer voucher at the end instead of the usual medal :)

Archived