You ask, We Upload, You get the best website

ASG

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jcza

Thanks for the reply Wouter. 

Just a correction I see the chain/cassette combo was on special yesterday for R1699 and not R1999. I can't comment on the Eagle crank but I don't think you will sell too many of those. Folks upgrading to Eagle will likely get the full bundle (crank incl) or use existing crank. A quick check says the Garmin is available for R500 cheaper locally. 

I wish you all the best with your venture. 

Thanks Jcza, I appreciate the input  :thumbup:

Was that on the Garmin 3HR or 3 Sapphire?  I'm happy to make an adjustment on either  ^_^

Not planning on selling any female cycling kit? 

Hi EmJay 

We will definitely be offering a wide range of female cycling kit! If there are any specific brands that you would love to see please let me know. 

Our winter clearance sale is now ON! - Loads of out of catalog items and 2015-16 stock up for grabs. :thumbup:

post-110871-0-55452200-1501845997_thumb.jpg

Hi Pusher

That is for a lever, Brake hose, Caliper and Brake Pads

so no bike with the brakes - aaaah

Hi Pusher

That is for a lever, Brake hose, Caliper and Brake Pads

so no bike with the brakes - aaaah

Hi All, 

It is tomorrow is our second last day for our Hot Offers this month - Grab a sweet deal while stocks last:

attachicon.gifBikeHub Hot Offers.jpg

More on our website at http://www.asgthestore.com

Remember, we are still doing our #youasked4it campaign - tell us what you want to see on ASG The Store and we will do our best to add it to our catalog (Many of these items may feature in the next month's Hot Offers)

- Wouter 

that red color on the sale items make me think about my wife when she sees me buying stuff on a sale that I dont need - maybe you can change the color to something more inviting and less "warning" me that I am doing something wrong 

that red color on the sale items make me think about my wife when she sees me buying stuff on a sale that I dont need - maybe you can change the color to something more inviting and less "warning" me that I am doing something wrong 

Ha ha Heeldrop, I know the feeling! Maybe we should make it green to give you the "greenlight"?  :thumbup:

Also I have found that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission  :whistling:

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little late here, but still want to add four comments.

Price has been mentioned many times before, but something that goes with that is loyalty, or lack thereof. Simply put, I often buy from CWC, but if I can get something for cheaper at CRC or Bike24 or Wiggle or anywhere else, I will buy from them. Most people will not simply buy from a specific store all the time because they like them or because they are "loyal", they are mostly not and easily persuaded by price.

Second thing is, people do not want to have to point out price discrepancies in order for them to get them "adjusted", they will simply go and buy the cheaper option as they do not want to "negotiate" first. Typically people will also not take kindly if prices are "adjusted" after they were queried, because it makes them question why it wasn't advertised at the "adjusted" price in the first place.

Third one is RRP. Although sometimes it might be a useful indicator of just how sweet the deal is you are getting, it seems that it is nothing more than an outdated 90s business school marketing tool which most people frankly do not care about. People do not care about RRP as it has become a meaningless thing because everyone seems to be selling everything below that all the time.

Last one, consistency. There was a pair of sunglasses in the clearance section of the ASG site for R600 a couple of weeks ago. It has since gone up to R990 which is more than 50% up, yet it still shows it has been discounted by 50% as part of the clearance sale. Although they do not say anything, people notice such things.

Archived