Very early morning rides from Bryanston/Ferndale/Randburg

sharkbait

Yoh! I ride "early" in my books of 03h30 up and rolling down my road 04h00. I've squeezed in the odd earlier ride but honestly feel the Jo'burg roads are WAY more dangerous before 4am. It was only in those pre 4am rides I had racing cars and drunk hooligans on route. So I have a strict no riding before 4am.

Fully understand the challenges the OP has though.

I'd rather invest in a IDT and some online racing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shark i might take the bait. Please wa or text me on 0713550395. Regards Hough

Nom nom.

I'll give you a call later this morning

Yoh! I ride "early" in my books of 03h30 up and rolling down my road 04h00. I've squeezed in the odd earlier ride but honestly feel the Jo'burg roads are WAY more dangerous before 4am. It was only in those pre 4am rides I had racing cars and drunk hooligans on route. So I have a strict no riding before 4am.

Fully understand the challenges the OP has though.

I'd rather invest in a IDT and some online racing.

I have not seen any weird stuff on the roads that time of the morning - yet. Crossing the M1 this morning (3:30am I know we dont ride on it) but that does indicate the roads ahead there was a total of 4 cars both ways. Its really great to ride the roads when its so quiet with no cars speeding past you. Going up a road you normally hear them long before you see them. This especially makes it easier if you need to go around potholes (as you could use the whole road if needed)

I guess it is safer than riding at 6am. No gangster who is right in his mind would get out of bed to bikejack you at 3am...

• 4 weeks later...

Archived