Availability of Steel Frame Hardtails

Fleming

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I sent him a mail ages ago and never head back. Mabey he’s not active, mabey it did not go through.

Sent him a Whatsapp now ... let's see if he is still active on the no.

I shall too send him a message on the number I have lol.. I know he's been busy with work lately!

Pipedream are currently having a pre-order special on their new Moxie. 1000 quid will get you a frame and DVO fork

This made my kop jik but thankfully the offer expired 11th of October.

I shall too send him a message on the number I have lol.. I know he's been busy with work lately!

Hahaha! Spaming him.

Erhmm. We supposed to give the best advice right. So...

Have a look at:

1.) The price of the https://momsenbikes.com/the-return-of-the-st-r-29-hardtail-steel-is-real/ , which is very cheap compared to other options. Then...

2.) Have a look at the Geometry of the STR V2. Btw it was tested with a 120mm fox34.

And here's an old pic of my prototype..

0e360c4d4fd7c33d7c341c08b556b369.jpg

attachicon.gif20170420_175741.jpg

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

How'd that feel riding down the cobra?

How'd that feel riding down the cobra?

I did Cobra, about 3 or 4 times in total with the carbon rigid.  1st time was weird-ish.. 2nd till 4th time, well I almost knocked my trail bikes strava PR's off.  Bike handled the hoogies climbs very very well, and the main single track down the face of the mountain was enjoyable. 

I put a dropper on the bike now, and I have a bit more time on the bike, I've fallen once or twice with the bike too.  With the seat dropped, the modern geo can actually be felt, for me atleast - because im not used to riding with a high saddle.  (Meezo, who can do anything with a bike, saddle raised or lowered, doesn't really matter... still needs to demo my bike, just so BTW). 

I would like to return to hoogies with the bike which is now equipped with a dropper.  Im pretty sure it will do awesomely.  Momsen did a good job with the geo of the new V2, feels aggressive during descents and well balanced during climbs.

I can heartily recommend a On One DeeDar. It's a great single track weapon. Good on the downs and went everywhere my dual sus 29'r went and mostly on the same lines! Long and slack fun! Hoodies Cobra, Tokai Cobra / Snakes / AM / DH, Conties revised and Kloof... loved it

Keep an eye on the on-one site at Black Friday time as they had them going from as low as £116 and that is a bargain. Ship it via Aramex global shopper and it should land at your door for about R1700 extra.

If you need a review other than mine then got ask 'Switch' on here as he bought mine. 

One thing I'd say is that good geo trumps wheel size every time. If the Momsen is dialed then no reason it won't be awesome. I ride a 29'r dual sus' most of the time and I never thought I'd like it as I don't go more then 30kms, love single track and enduro / AM lines and honestly the plus points out way any old fashioned negatives. 

Here is my On-One when I'd built it up. 

post-15825-0-85147900-1508340923_thumb.jpg

post-15825-0-95781800-1508340761_thumb.jpg

I can heartily recommend a On One DeeDar. It's a great single track weapon. Good on the downs and went everywhere my dual sus 29'r went and mostly on the same lines! Long and slack fun! Hoodies Cobra, Tokai Cobra / Snakes / AM / DH, Conties revised and Kloof... loved it

Keep an eye on the on-one site at Black Friday time as they had them going from as low as £116 and that is a bargain. Ship it via Aramex global shopper and it should land at your door for about R1700 extra.

If you need a review other than mine then got ask 'Switch' on here as he bought mine.

One thing I'd say is that good geo trumps wheel size every time. If the Momsen is dialed then no reason it won't be awesome. I ride a 29'r dual sus' most of the time and I never thought I'd like it as I don't go more then 30kms, love single track and enduro / AM lines and honestly the plus points out way any old fashioned negatives.

Here is my On-One when I'd built it up.

DSC_6582.jpg

hubmarket-15825-0-04793000-1494322957.jpg

I dunno whY you sold that frame hey..

Are there any steel frames that stand out as noticeably better than the rest? Obviously all steel bikes aren't equal, but can you expect similar(at least to the avg' joe) ride characteristics between say a Ritchey and a Momsen?

Archived