2017 Cube GTC Reaction

Carbon frame

XT derailleurs, slx cassette, Shimano M315 brakeset
Rockshox Recon TK silver fork

2018 MERIDA BIG NINE XT-EDITION

Alu frame

XT drive throughout except for shimano m500 brakeset

Manitou Machete Comp fork

Both bikes have very similar drive train. I'm not so sure about either fork? 

Even though the cube has carbon frame its only 250g lighter overall.

Just looking for some advice, obviously cube is less popular, has anyone had any warranty issues with them? There is a R3000 difference, the cube being more expensive. 

Thanks in advance.

The Cube is a really good buy, only hiccup being that TK Silver fork, but that is something you can always upgrade. Bike Addict is running a really good deal on them. I rode carbon hardtails for years, and only recently moved over to the duallies, but if you are looking for something fast and responsive the Cube GTC offers great value for money

Long story short I want to know which is best:

2017 Cube GTC Reaction

Carbon frame

XT derailleurs, slx cassette, Shimano M315 brakeset

Rockshox Recon TK silver fork

2018 MERIDA BIG NINE XT-EDITION

Alu frame

XT drive throughout except for shimano m500 brakeset

Manitou Machete Comp fork

Both bikes have very similar drive train. I'm not so sure about either fork? 

Even though the cube has carbon frame its only 250g lighter overall.

Just looking for some advice, obviously cube is less popular, has anyone had any warranty issues with them? There is a R3000 difference, the cube being more expensive. 

Thanks in advance.

I had a Cube AMS100 dual suspension for a year, the frame cracked twice during that time, and was replaced under warranty without too much hassle- but just bear in mind that it took about 6-8 weeks each time for the warranty frame to arrive. 

I had a Cube AMS100 dual suspension for a year, the frame cracked twice during that time, and was replaced under warranty without too much hassle- but just bear in mind that it took about 6-8 weeks each time for the warranty frame to arrive.

If they can give you a loan bike or frame during this period, then all fine, but to wait 8 weeks for a warranty replacement is really bad. It tells me that they don't keep stock in SA and have to order them in.

throwing a stone in a pond...

go ride some of the new "slack geometry" HT's first.  Stuff like the Trek Stache or Roscoe or some of the steel / Ti frames (cotic, on-one, contraband, nicholas etc.) are much more than a XC race machine.