making a bike more quiet?

Mongooser

Interesting. I suspected the rattle on my duel was from the internal cabling. Going to give this a try thanks

Drop the fork, and feed some of it over each cable down the down tube. Quiet as a mouse!

• 4 weeks later...

Hi hubbers

anyone here have any good tricks to make a bike noiseless/quiet

I have a DH rig and i want to make it quiet as it can be

got 2 chain protectors on the rear triangle already and ductape all around the corners of it to

replaced all my bushings to so nothing from my linkage either

bike still not quiet enuf random things are making tiny noises

what you guys do to silence your rig?

like in the vid 

I don't think you have internal routing right??

try using suspension spray such as "fork juice" or something, on your pivots the night before you go ride.  careful not to get silicone based sprays on your rotors or brake pads, otherwise its game over for them.  The spray usually quiets by bike down quite a lot.  Remember even though you serviced your pivots, dust and getting in them could make then squeaky.  The spray will just help keep this lubed up nicely.  Also remove any excess that gets deposited on the frame.

Flat pedals also makes a noise ive noticed, when slamming the foot down on them.  but also, any sort of pedal flat or clips goes silent in general, after a good old service and re-grease.

dust in the seat tube also creates a bit of a creek when the seatpost is weighted.  I use a very very very very thin layer of grease on my post, this eliminates that creek.  too much grease and your seatpost will start spinning under you, and it will not be able to clamp down properly.

anways,  hope this helps.. and hope I didn't mention something that was mentioned before.

I don't think you have internal routing right??

try using suspension spray such as "fork juice" or something, on your pivots the night before you go ride.  careful not to get silicone based sprays on your rotors or brake pads, otherwise its game over for them.  The spray usually quiets by bike down quite a lot.  Remember even though you serviced your pivots, dust and getting in them could make then squeaky.  The spray will just help keep this lubed up nicely.  Also remove any excess that gets deposited on the frame.

Flat pedals also makes a noise ive noticed, when slamming the foot down on them.  but also, any sort of pedal flat or clips goes silent in general, after a good old service and re-grease.

dust in the seat tube also creates a bit of a creek when the seatpost is weighted.  I use a very very very very thin layer of grease on my post, this eliminates that creek.  too much grease and your seatpost will start spinning under you, and it will not be able to clamp down properly.

anways,  hope this helps.. and hope I didn't mention something that was mentioned before.

Had the seatpost noise on a long and lonely ride....wound up pulling it out and rubbing lip ice on the seat tube till I got home!

Archived