Cycling from Namibia to Mozambique, looking for advice

GarethSV

Hi

My name is Gareth, I am fairly recent member of the cycling community. I got a bike about year and half ago, with the objective of cycling solo from Cape Town to Namibia (something I have wanted to do since I was a teenager) which I completed in December last year. The cross country, solo, multi-day cycle trip bug has now officially bitten and I am in the process of planning to cycle  from Swakopmund (Namibia) to Beira (Mozambique). 

I am posting this info as I am looking for some advice and guidance. I took on the previous trip, which was far shorter than my proposed trip, with very little advice and had to figure out alot on the fly. Which was ok given that my route was relatively populated, but having travelled extensively through both Namibia and Botswana previously (in a car) I am aware that there are large stretches which are relatively sparse.

If anyone has any experience doing the same route or a similar type of trip, please reach out to me. I would appreciate any advice, tips, guidance or nuggets of knowledge.

Cheers

Sounds like a great adventure! I can't offer any advice, except to recommend Riaan Manser's book Around Africa on My Bike, if you haven't read it already.

Archived