*A bike light for UNDER R1000!!

Speedi

2.5kg battery.................. Confused

I am going to be getting myself a 2100mAH LiPo to use with my Revelation 3, will give enough runtime for Trans and weigh around 230 grams.

But alas, Trans won't happen for me this year... It's two weeks after I come back from my honeymoon, on which I've already dropped over R30k. So R1900 entry fee ain't happening.

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agent Orenge,

I've got 6 red LED's coming... will keep you posted...

Sorry... I've reached my cap.. on dialup so I won't be around much...

Jo

Agent Orenge' date='

Jo
[/quote']

BL i have a spare adsl account(2gig) at work that you can use for the month, maybe we can talk discount on your lights someday. Let me know if your interested.

Agent Orenge' date='

Jo
[/quote']

BL i have a spare adsl account(2gig) at work that you can use for the month, maybe we can talk discount on your lights someday. Let me know if your interested.

ClapClapClap

* Hijack on*

To those of you that have followed the Tag saga, somewhere on the hub, I mentioned that people do great things for people they haven't met.

* Hijack off*

Nice one sampieClap

Agent Orenge' date='

Jo
[/quote']

ClapClapClap

* Hijack on*
To those of you that have followed the Tag saga, somewhere on the hub, I mentioned that people do great things for people they haven't met.
* Hijack off*

Nice one sampieClap

*Hijack on*

Damn, it has enough drama etc to last the writers of Isidingo, Bold & Beautiful, Days & Egoli for the next 200 million years! Just getting a bit old now, really... waiting for the end result is painful!

*Hijack off*

Yeah, nice one Sampie. More of what we need in the circumstances...

BL, how's the launch of the Rev-4 coming along? Or are you still doing final tweaks with batteries etc...

I've seen the Rev-4 in action, and its just wrong.... Wrong as in sickeningly bright.

Azonic2008-06-18 09:29:41

Revelation-4 is ready. I have 2 available. 

Thanks Sampie... but I'm on Vodacom wireless... When we moved to a new place I thought I'll save the hassle of applying for an ADLS line again and just get wireless instead... If I knew what a nightmare I was getting into with MWEB's incompetent support staff I would've gone through the trouble applying with Telkom a 100 times...

Agent Orenge,

I don't think we're gonna get anywhere near 600 lumens red light... the Red led's can do 500mA max and the forward voltage is very very low... 2 to 2.5v each...

But, it's impossible to look into one white LED at 220 lumens so it'l be interesting to see how they are when they arrive here.

For those interested: 10x Revelation-3's available before Trans Baviaans... time's running out to get new parts.. I have parts for 10 Revelation-3's here and the batteries are on their way still...

Yes... we're at page 35... thanks Speedi15... what a thread! :)) HAHA 

well we have just built another LED light, also trying out NiMH rechargable batteries. the first light we built is busted!

we rewired the first LED light about 4 times, which includes soldering etc. seems to have frazzled the switch... we made another light on monday, with some improvements(ie better battery connection and wiring). we are going to run it with NiMH rechargable batteries and see how it does... battery life on the previous bateries was 12+hrs. previous batteries were Energizer PLUS 1.5v alkaline D cells.

also working on a smaller battery pack. thinking of using 3 AA batteries. altough they wont give a long burn time, weight would be reduced drastically.

the rev 4 is insane! its brighter then most car lights:)

So is the REV 3 from the pics i'm seeing...

Unfortunately don't have the money for a REV3 at the moment, but it is on the wish-list!

Got my light(REV 3) back from BL after I dropped it the other day. Went for a ride last night in the crap weather I realised how bright it was when approaching my house and a car came to dead stop cause he could not see past my light awsome.

Thanks BL at least I know people can see me on the bike.

See you all at night racing tonight.

Twin, I'm stoked... Look at the weather outside, I love racing in the cold and rain offroad. Cool

floyed,

I'll give you some guidelines for building that light off a 12v SLA...

Email me: johannes at jgerber dot com