Road rides from Cresta area into Cradle

TheDogShow

Hi,

I regularly ride out to the Cradle on my road bike from the Cresta area, usually taking Hendrik Potgieter out. I've regularly spotted other roadies, sometimes starting from a similar area as me. My rides range from 70 - 100km depending on how I ride in the Cradle.

Typical avg speeds for my rides are 28-30km/h and I do most of my riding early on a Sunday morning (5:30 start) but also Saturdays every now and then.

I have previously ridden with some small groups but generally find there to be lots of idiots out there. I like riding with people for the company and also the safety but would rather ride alone than having my ride spoiled by guys making racist / sexist talk. 

I ride for the exercise but also to ride fast and as well as I can, striving to improve my riding. I race every now and then.

My previous riding partners have relocated, either to CT or the UK.

If you're someone cool with a positive outlook on life looking for a riding partner, please get in touch as I'm keen to find some new partners and perhaps even building a nice group. I guess riders starting from any of Cresta, Darrenwood, Linden, Northcliff, Fairlands and Berario, or surrounding areas will work in terms of meeting up before heading out.

Cheers

Howzit Bud,

I stay in the Northcliff area & sometimes cycle to where my club meets (3-5km)

If you want, come ride a few times with my club. Esmero Cycling!

We meet at the Mcdonalds (Cnr Ontdekkers/ Gordon), we leave now around 6:15am -6:30am depending. (Sunrise much later)

We go down Ontdekkers, go to Cradle via Sterkfontein. And we do other routes in this area.

Please stay away from Hendrik Potgieter. Taxi's & cars are a law onto their own here & we've had pretty bad experiences.

Please join us this long weekend, we have a bumper filled weekend of rides which includes Cradle, Satellites & Randfontein.

PM me if needed

Ary

Thanks! Will send you a pm.

Howzit Bud,

I stay in the Northcliff area & sometimes cycle to where my club meets (3-5km)

If you want, come ride a few times with my club. Esmero Cycling!

We meet at the Mcdonalds (Cnr Ontdekkers/ Gordon), we leave now around 6:15am -6:30am depending. (Sunrise much later)

We go down Ontdekkers, go to Cradle via Sterkfontein. And we do other routes in this area.

Please stay away from Hendrik Potgieter. Taxi's & cars are a law onto their own here & we've had pretty bad experiences.

Please join us this long weekend, we have a bumper filled weekend of rides which includes Cradle, Satellites & Randfontein.

PM me if needed

Ary