Karkloof Classic

DMJ

I am thinking of doing the Karkloof Classic end of May 2018.

I have ridden the Supa20 route a couple of times, and am fresh off Sani2C.

I am considering doing the 60km event, but I have heard it is very tough and technical?

Can any give me an insight into how technical and tough the 40km and 60km events will be? How much climbing?

There does not appear to be any decent race descriptions on the event website.

I am thinking of doing the Karkloof Classic end of May 2018.

I have ridden the Supa20 route a couple of times, and am fresh off Sani2C.

I am considering doing the 60km event, but I have heard it is very tough and technical?

Can any give me an insight into how technical and tough the 40km and 60km events will be? How much climbing?

There does not appear to be any decent race descriptions on the event website.

If your skills are decent and you got through stage two of Sani okay (fitness wise) you should be fine... The riding in Karkloof is special, interesting/challenging most of the time with little in the way of free dirt roadie miles - so you will work for those 60kms, but you should be okay for it I would imagine. If you are worried, maybe just hit the 40km, but then you might well also be left wondering what you missed out on  ;)

If you finished Sani2C then you won't have any problem with the 60km event. Climbing is probably similar to 1st big climb 'View Climb' of Sani day 1 but nothing like Iconic Climb. Has amazing single track

Thanks for the comments. I will test myself with the 60 - otherwise I will be left wondering :)

Yes Iconic was the most insane hill I have ever encountered. The fact that I was able to ride all the way up is one of my biggest achievements to date.

See you at Sani2C 2019.

If you finished Sani2C then you won't have any problem with the 60km event. Climbing is probably similar to 1st big climb 'View Climb' of Sani day 1 but nothing like Iconic Climb. Has amazing single track

Thanks for the comments. I will test myself with the 60 - otherwise I will be left wondering :)

Yes Iconic was the most insane hill I have ever encountered. The fact that I was able to ride all the way up is one of my biggest achievements to date.

See you at Sani2C 2019.

See you at Sani2C 2019.

Pleasure, enjoy the ride!

www.facebook.com/Karkloofmtb/posts/1270856189714648 

Profiles and elevations for all 4 races (it's in miles and feet though)

(I can't get it to post as a link)

Archived