Hydration pack with protection worth it?

Gambithunt

I’ve currently got an old Camelback 2L hydration pack with a small storage pocket. It’s served me well and still completely fine.

My mate has recently shown me the new packs from evoc and Leatt that come with back protection. I’ve been wondering if it’s worth spending on a new pack for the added benifit of back protection?

Added to that, what size storage to you find most usefull for mostly Enduro riding?

Any extra protection has to be a good thing. Tbh none of my njuries have been back related. 3 x shoulders, 1 ankle, 2 fingers, countless ribs and 1 x pelvis so i’d love any one to work on great shoulder protection first and then move down the list from there.

Definitely worth it, IMO. 

I have a dakine pack with a small amount of protection, but nothing much. It's got 25l which is FAR too much packing space, but if I were to put a number on how much I'd want as minimum, I'd say 10l is a good amount. Can stash a jacket (always recommended) as well as your spares etc. Helmet / pads can go on the outside. 

Do it. 

Archived