Hot Wheels

Fruity

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No Hotwheels. I like the bigger 1/18 scale cars - detail is amazing. The 2 in my office;

8dba544bf99539e32314473ceff9cc55.jpg

I've got some of those too. Although they are quite a bit more expensive to collect. These four are from Minichamps and are R2.5K a piece. As you mentioned, the detail on these are amazing.

post-62204-0-12705800-1543668849_thumb.jpeg

A few years ago I visited a house in Fourways, not far from Broadacres. A gent who restores and rebuilds old turntables and I was buying one from him.

Ā 

His garage had two custom built display racks for his Matchbox collection. If I remember correctly, he inherited most of the collection from his dad... A lot were still in original packaging, and not just cars either. There were items like special edition Royal carriages and things I think. But there were hundreds... the whole wall was full. It blew me away. I think I took a couple of quick pics, I'll see if I can find them in an old folder.

Ā 

I had lots of Matchbox and Corgi cars as a kid... I loved my die-cast cars.

• 2 weeks later...

So the Hot Wheels collection is getting there.

Ā 

Keeping them on display in our games room.

Ā 

From left to right:

RIP ROD, BMW 2002, KOOL KOMBI, 1985 Honda CR-X, '73 BMW 3.0 CSL Race Car, Nissan Skyline GT-R (BNR32), Porsche 911 GT3 RS, '90 Honda Civic EF, '70 Camaro, and a Volkswagen Beetle.

Ā 

I picked up a Matchbox '93 Ford Mustang LX SSP police car today from a different Pick n Pay. It made me think of setting up a scene from the video game, Need for Speed: Most Wanted at a later stage, for a little photography project.

Ā 

On the packaging, it says the cars are suited for 3+, so going to see if our daughter takes a liking to them when she turns 3. If she doesn't show any interest in toy cars, then I'll still have the cars on display.

a331fded7e662c5067e7300015bc2f06.jpgdb37543b14e2d17cdcbd15b2ea3154d9.jpg

• 11 months later...