XCO Action at Thaba Trails...

Wendell

Here you go. You can enter via entryninja. More details also on CyclingSA

Hello Engel-a, The Thaba testers on my race program does  not fall under events fir Gauteng or CSA. The reason being these are NOT official races but opportunities for new participants to XCO can get a feel for this discipline..... No Pressure riding.The first " Tester " is on the 2nd March and 2 weeks later we hosting Gauteng Cup #2 (16th March ) we swopped our date in April.

Hello Engel-a, The Thaba testers on my race program does not fall under events fir Gauteng or CSA. The reason being these are NOT official races but opportunities for new participants to XCO can get a feel for this discipline..... No Pressure riding.The first " Tester " is on the 2nd March and 2 weeks later we hosting Gauteng Cup #2 (16th March ) we swopped our date in April.

Hi Wendell

Excuse me for just posting the details. Cat-i was asking about the main Gauteng events and where to get more details about the races held at Thaba so I posted in response to her.

Thank you for taking the initiative to organise the testers. Will definitely come support you guys.

Cheers Wendel. Long time indeed. Life got in the way.

I'll have my little tyke down to Thaba for some pre-race familiarisation - see you around. Like most boys, he has a healthy dose of lunatic in him and is guaranteed a hard fall if he doesn't know a course before he boots his 'accelerator'.

Cheers Wendel. Long time indeed. Life got in the way.

I'll have my little tyke down to Thaba for some pre-race familiarisation - see you around. Like most boys, he has a healthy dose of lunatic in him and is guaranteed a hard fall if he doesn't know a course before he boots his 'accelerator'.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I missed Saturday due to an injury and doc visit. From those who went, how was it?? Still suffering from fomo :(

They cancelled the one in Feb. Yesterday was a scorcher. The track is insanely awesome - very well manicured, but technical!!! Climbs are steep and rocky, but quite smooth and yet it is taxing. Lots of drops and steep downhills too. So much fun - looking forward to the actual Gauteng Cup.

With the SA XCO Championships taking place at Thaba Trails on the 20th July 2019 we are super excited to announce that once again Century 21 as our Title sponsor. FURTHER....THE first Official GAUTENG XCO CHAMPS will take place over the same course on the 6th July and still further news is that the GAUTENG CUP #3 will be held on Thaba Trails on the 22nd April. FULL RACING PROGRAM TO INCLUDE SPROGS AND NIPPERS STARTING AT 07H00.

SO...  we are making some exciting and interesting changes to last years XCO course. MONTHLY starting on the 2nd February the THABA TESTER # 1 we will host XCO racing to introduce the monthly changes to our course. 

The TESTER dates are as follows

2nd February start time 14h00

2nd March 

4 May

1 June

22 June

The racing will be as follows on these dates; Junior Men and ( Invited u16 )  13h30

Junior, vet and Elite Ladies      14h15

Vets and Masters Men             15h15

Elite Men                                 16h15

MEDICAL SERVICES SPONSORED BY HELIVAC.

Was disappointed to arrive there at 1:50 on Saturday to hear that all categories already started. 

Could not find info on Facebook page. How did other people know to arrive earlier? Is there a mailing list or whatsapp group that I can join?  

Was disappointed to arrive there at 1:50 on Saturday to hear that all categories already started.

Could not find info on Facebook page. How did other people know to arrive earlier? Is there a mailing list or whatsapp group that I can join?

I’d like to join that group too... I just happened to arrive early enough.

• 2 weeks later...