How The Crow got his Mojo back - a pictorial.

Iwan Kemp

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"The original use of scandium-aluminium alloys was in the nose cones of some USSR submarine-launched ballistic missiles (SLBMs). The strength of the resulting nose cone was enough to enable it to pierce the ice-cap without damage' date=' and so, enabling a missile launch while still submerged under the Arctic ice cap."

[/quote']

Their other option was carbon, but they decided against it on the following grounds:

1. Too expensive

2. Supply was limited due to the large number of bottle cages being manufactured at the time

3. It didn't work

ZorgusPrime2008-06-15 14:58:24

Guys, enough geek-talk, let's focus! Zorgus: will hopefully have the beast ready for Thu's night ride so you'll be one of the fortunate few to get a real life glimps.And, yes, I'll bring an extra jockey wheel.

Yes carbon tends to shatter when it's smashed in an ice shelf with a huge warhead behind it. I can't imagine why though ;-)

Guys' date=' enough geek-talk, let's focus! Zorgus: will hopefully have the beast ready for Thu's night ride so you'll be one of the fortunate few to get a real life glimps.And, yes, I'll bring an extra jockey wheel.[/quote']

Okay I'm focused.
The jockey has been fixed. Or sort of fixed. I took it for a test ride, and it jumps under extreme power.

Not sure if it's just me, or if dura-ace jockey's are not compatible with MTB chains ;-)

Yes carbon tends to shatter when it's smashed in an ice shelf with a huge warhead behind it. I can't imagine why though ;-)

Insurance will say it was rider abuse!

I think it's the usual problem with jockeys. too short.

TheCrow, umm, .....misplaced...., my jockey wheel in a puddle somewhere miles and miles and miles away from civilization.

I put it back together with spares.

Well what do you expect, he is a muscian. If you go riding with him there are going to be strings attachedWink

Alright, back to the topic.....

I'm wondering how you got Ibis to make you a non-carbon frame.
How'd you get that right ?