Polar V650 Battery Life

OnTheRicky

Hi there, 

I can get a Polar V650 that's about 2-3 years old for a good deal. 
I already use a Polar watch, so I don't want to bring another brand (more sensors, apps etc) into the mix.

Could anyone share their experience with battery life after 2-3 years? 

Has anyone tried getting the battery replaced by Polar SA? 

Hi there, 

I can get a Polar V650 that's about 2-3 years old for a good deal. 

I already use a Polar watch, so I don't want to bring another brand (more sensors, apps etc) into the mix.

Could anyone share their experience with battery life after 2-3 years? 

Has anyone tried getting the battery replaced by Polar SA? 

I bought my Polar V650 in July 2016 and have recorded over 25,000 km on it.  I would say the battery currently lasts 8 to 10 hours.  When I do a long race (over 10 hours) I use a small powerbank plugged into the Polar and that does the trick.  The V650 works while it is plugged into a powerbank.  

I bought a 2nd hand PolarV650, battery life is around 10 hours which I think is pretty good.

I always use it with heartrate monitor.

Only complain is the syncing with polar app, sometimes it needs to be reconnected a few times before syncing. Also a nice feature is the little light on the front that makes you more visible only he road.

I bought a 2nd hand PolarV650, battery life is around 10 hours which I think is pretty good.

I always use it with heartrate monitor.

Only complain is the syncing with polar app, sometimes it needs to be reconnected a few times before syncing. Also a nice feature is the little light on the front that makes you more visible only he road.

Wooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damn, I thought it was only me! So glad you have the same issue! Sorry maybe I shouldn't have said that out aloud but you've made my Wednesday so much better... Not even Steers Wacky Wednesday has made me this happy :-) 

Which phone are you using if I may ask?? 

Only complain is the syncing with polar app

I use an Iphone SE and don't have this problem.

My wife has a Polar M400 and she has endless problems syncing with her Iphone.

regarding the problem syncing, I have the V650 and it's hardly a hit and miss affair: it's almost a pure miss! Follow the polar recommendations to resolve it, but I found a shorter way that reinstalling as a last resort. I have found that the flowsync installation requires a 3rd party bit of software, Bonjour.

this application. for whatever reason, seems to go wonky.

To resolve, find Bonjour under installed applications in control panel, right click and select repair. takes less than 5 seconds. Resolves my syncing problems every time. I've suggested Polar include that bit of guidance in their troubleshooting guides. Wish Polar, Apple or Microsoft would spend some time figuring out why Bonjour borks (bonjour is developed by Apple Inc).

• 3 weeks later...

Wooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Damn, I thought it was only me! So glad you have the same issue! Sorry maybe I shouldn't have said that out aloud but you've made my Wednesday so much better... Not even Steers Wacky Wednesday has made me this happy :-)

Which phone are you using if I may ask??

Dadbot R, using Nokia 8, synced flawlessly today, left it to search for device for about 1min and it synchronised without restarting sync/search

Archived