Sharkie 2

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I am now looking into this and I'm wondering what has happened in relation to the rumours that the whole financial emigration procedure was going to be scrapped in 2021? Anyone recently gone through the process?

I am now looking into this and I'm wondering what has happened in relation to the rumours that the whole financial emigration procedure was going to be scrapped in 2021? Anyone recently gone through the process?

Completed mine a month or two back. And with the new rules SARS slipped into next years rules I’m very happy I did.

Busy working with my FA at the moment on the withdrawal and reinvestment.

I commenced the process in may of 2018 and it was finalised with the money in my account in october of 2019. A long process and some of the delays were admittedly on our side because of a lot of admin. Its a long process and even if paraat about it its around a year. Only thing outstanding is that SARS owe me a rather large refund but i only expect that in 2021. If at all. 

I have not heard about scrapping of this, i cant see it being completely scrapped though as there must be admin and taxes applicable. 

AAMOI, i appointed an agent to do ours..cost around 40k zar each for my wife an i...money well spent in that regard. Costs are dependent on how many RAs and pensions etc you have. 

I commenced the process in may of 2018 and it was finalised with the money in my account in october of 2019. A long process and some of the delays were admittedly on our side because of a lot of admin. Its a long process and even if paraat about it its around a year. Only thing outstanding is that SARS owe me a rather large refund but i only expect that in 2021. If at all. 

I have not heard about scrapping of this, i cant see it being completely scrapped though as there must be admin and taxes applicable. 

AAMOI, i appointed an agent to do ours..cost around 40k zar each for my wife an i...money well spent in that regard. Costs are dependent on how many RAs and pensions etc you have. 

Sounds about right on all counts, but I think our agents (actually a separate branch of my wife's tax accountants) were surprisingly cheaper. They however just do the clearances, it is up to you to transfer money from the RA's etc. In fact they were too cheap, as they still have not invoiced me for doing mine, even though we have sent a few reminders to them. I will send more reminders, I don't like the idea that people have done honest work for me without compensation. Bad karma.