[Event] SRAM WC XCO Series Rhebokskloof Round 2

milky4130

Ha ha, I had an absolute 'mair of a race! From a puncture in practice which required new tyres, to forgetting my shoes at home, to breaking my waterbottle cage and then breaking my 'due for replacement' roval rear wheel!

You boys all rode well, respect on completing all 5 laps!

I am missing the next race, but hopefully coming back stronger at the final race of the season.

Tough luck dude, those races happen where everything breaks or you forget your thru-axle, heart rate monitor and racing board at home...

Good new is for colours, only your best 3 events count (if you're into that sort of thing). Also, the next one is at an all-new venue.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Really enjoyed this course layout, gave it more character and flow to the lap. Sandy off-camber corners made for interesting viewing. I was behind wine-maker Tim Hoek on one descent where he was fully locked up in a braking zone, drifting it in like a speedway rider. Looked really cool although he seemed to have a mechanical after that.

Have to say that the hardest part of the race was trying to avoid being disqualified as spectators tried to spray me with water. Apparently this is grounds for dismissal :ph34r:

very uncool of you after hitting the front and getting the holeshot to back away and let me do all the pacing to the top until I faded so badly, I didn’t know if I was coming or going ????????

I have done a few of these XCO events and would love to take part in the series but cannot justify spending so much on entry fees.

make the podium & you’ll get back anything from 25%-100% in prize money towards your entry fee.

• 5 weeks later...

ENTRIES FOR #3 CLOSING THIS MONDAY !!! (and as per the social media pages of WP MTB Commission, free bottle of wine for all entrants !!  :clap:

post-17350-0-65795500-1555512631_thumb.jpg