Manitou Magnum Fork and X-Fusion rear shock

ABrooks

I am in the market for a new trail (all-rounder) bike. I used to ride an xc bike so looking for something a bit more capable in the rough stuff. 

https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/mtb/products/silverback-slider-lt-2-2018

The bike I'm looking at is a Silverback Slider Lt2. I'm just worried about the Manitou Magnum fork on the front and the x-fusion shock at the rear. I have no knowledge about these components. Are they capable and will they easily be serviceable?

Also what other bikes can you recommend I look at? Budget ceiling is at around R27k, but the sweet spot will be around R22k. I don't mind looking second-hand, but new comes with a warranty. I ride a medium sized bike. 

Manitou and X Fusion make great products. Manitou agents are in S West too. X Fusion I'm not sure (PE perhaps).

Good bike that is. I actually have a frame, shock and fork for sale in M as well if you're interested. 140mm rear and anywhere from 140 to 160mm front. Would fit your budget and they're special frames these too.

But yeah, don't be afraid of Manitou. And especially don't be a RS/Fox fan just because

Manitou and X Fusion make great products. Manitou agents are in S West too. X Fusion I'm not sure (PE perhaps).

Good bike that is. I actually have a frame, shock and fork for sale in M as well if you're interested. 140mm rear and anywhere from 140 to 160mm front. Would fit your budget and they're special frames these too.

But yeah, don't be afraid of Manitou. And especially don't be a RS/Fox fan just because

I had a look at the banshee you're selling, it looks awesome, but I don't think I should take on a project bike now. I would rather buy a complete bike and go ride in the spare time I have.