Ullrich cleared

gypsy

Couple of points:

Ullrich won't be cleared, but his case may be suspended pending further evidence.

The UCI does not have a Code of Ethics.  This is a code that is agreed by the teams and their riders in the ProTour.

Ullrich won't be able to sue T-Mobile as they have a requirement that a cyclist suspected of doping needs to demonstrate their innocence (Ullrich could not and did not try), and they have an ethics policy that requires honesty.  Ullrich stated he had no knowledge/involvement with Fuentes when they had evidence that he was.  This is a breach of their code of conduct and is grounds for summary dismissal.

It seems the DNA process may be implemented.  The teams have agreed in principle and so far all efforts made by the teams have been carried out.

One question on Der Kaizer' date=' can he now sue Telekom for break of contract?  He'll get millions, and if done correctly even more because of possible winnings. [/quote'] Ehhh!!!! Stupid Flippin Lawyers... Jan was in line for a severance package from T-Mobile, as T-Mobile was ending his contract...

Enter Jan's dimwitted Lawyer with his BIG Mouth, Telling T-Mobile to stuff off and that Jan does not need them, that Jan is taking his Pie and waai!!!! So it turned around from a dismissal (with benefits and handsome payments for Jan) to a resignation with NO Benifits...

He also had no authorisation from Jan to tell T-Mobile to get stuffed!!!Dead

Every organization has a code of ethics including the UCI whether it be written or unwritten. DNA tests are only being called for in order to avoid potential legal action taken against the pro teams,UCI etc by cyclists like Ullrich and Basso for misinformation. It seems the UCI and Pro teams will start to run for cover when this happens and that they will make DNA a scapegoat to cover their own butts.

Thats the certificate from 14/10/2006 which prevented the UCI from to using Puerto evidence until the criminal case is concluded.  Doesn't clear him - as much as he would wish it so.

Every organization has a code of ethics including the UCI whether it be written or unwritten. DNA tests are only being called for in order to avoid potential legal action taken against the pro teams' date='UCI etc by cyclists like Ullrich and Basso for misinformation. It seems the UCI and Pro teams will start to run for cover when this happens and that they will make DNA a scapegoat to cover their own butts.

[/quote']

Actually a code of ethics is not a code unless it is written and most organisations do not have one although all should.  The UCI may well have a code of ethics that applies to their employees, but the one you were referring to is the ProTour Code of Ethics which is developed by the ProTour teams and applied to their riders.

As for DNA being used to prevent legal action - I am not sure what you are trying to say because as your post is nonsensical.  DNA testing is going to be taken prior to the season starting to prevent future scandals like Puerto.  Since it is unlikely that the teams or riders will consent to it being used retrospectively it will probably only be applied to future cases. 

What the teams are pushing for at the moment is for Puerto implicated riders to remain unsigned unless they consent to a DNA test.  That is a separate issue and is really an attempt to resolve the uncertainty relating to the Puerto investigation.  Teams do not want to risk taking on riders that may have been involved in doping only to have them suspended in 6 months.  The riders have brought this attitude of mistrust on themselves as they consistently lie to the public (and their teams to an extent).  There is consistent baying for misplaced "innocent until proven guilty" garbage that the riders as a body have demonstrated they have no right to, thorugh protestations of innocence even when found guilty and by ostracising those riders that have the courage to tell the truth.