Searching for a Large Dual Sus 29er to do Sani2C

Shaun23

Hi Guys,

I am desperately searching for a second hand dual suspension 29er, size Large.

Started mountain biking this year, on a hardtail, love the sport. Myself and rider buddy want to start training for Sani2C in December, but we need dual suspension bikes. For some reason the second hand market is booming and bikes are moving like hot cakes.

Please if you know anyone or see a Large dual suspension XC/trail 120mm travel dual suspension bike, budget around 25k, please let me know.

Will also start another thread in a week or two with advice on training/tips for Sani2c.

Thanks a lot.

Shaun 0724354423

Do you think it will take place?

W2W cancelled as they feel that can't adhere to the numbers quota. It is all good and well having small start groups, but what about the finish and the village?

Edited by TDFN

Hi Shaun, I did the sani2c twice on a hardtail and once on dualsus. With hardtail, only thing that really stood out was on day three, where we rode for a while on old train tracks. The foundation was a bit sensitive there.

If you want to also upgrade when going for dualsus go for it, but I dont think you need to buy a dual sus just as you think it is a must for the race. A hardtail can do the race perfectly.

There are a few  short difficult sections, but overall the race is not technical.

With regards to training, just do a search. There are loads of advice on this forum and rest of internet, for training, preparations and what you need during the race (like cirtical spares etc).

I see on the sani2c newsletter sent out this morning, there are coaches available to help you over a three month period to ensure you are ready for the race. Have a look at that.

Edited by Gerhard765

Hi Guys,

I am desperately searching for a second hand dual suspension 29er, size Large.

Started mountain biking this year, on a hardtail, love the sport. Myself and rider buddy want to start training for Sani2C in December, but we need dual suspension bikes. For some reason the second hand market is booming and bikes are moving like hot cakes.

Please if you know anyone or see a Large dual suspension XC/trail 120mm travel dual suspension bike, budget around 25k, please let me know.

Will also start another thread in a week or two with advice on training/tips for Sani2c.

Thanks a lot.

Shaun 0724354423

For the record, you really don't need a dual sus. The trails are highly groomed and the roads are pretty smooth. It's not really technical either, but if Yo are comfortable on switchbacks practice those or go for a few skills sessions. You don't want to be dropping into the Umkomaas and be so scared/nervous that you don't take in the majestic views.

Just get enough mileage in so that your butt is used to the amount of time you'll be spending in the saddle.

A nice dual sus will make it more fun though. And probably more comfortable.

i didn't think it would happen this year, but after reading farmer Glen's email this morning I reckon if anyone will pull it off it will be their crew and the community.

Where are you based?

Ive got a Cannondale Scalpel 29 Carbon 2 that I plan on selling. The bike is a 2013 model. Frame size is Large and pretty much stock with regards to all the origial parts. Its well spec'ed with the hi-mod frame, carbon cranks, 2x10 XTR etc. The bike hasnt even done 3500km, and most of that was JHB2C a few years back. I was looking for around R22k. Drop me a PM if you are interested.