Giordana FRC pro vs Assos Mille S7

Bira

Hi looking at the giordana frc pro bibshorts. Have found alot of really good reviews on these. Would like to know how they compare to Assos or Ciovita Supremo as the pricing is similar

Those are some good choices. I currently have both the Giordanas and Assos bibshorts that you’re comparing. You can’t go wrong with either. I find that the Giordanas have a longer leg fit, and go a little higher up my midriff. I enjoy the Assos bibshorts too, but tend to lean towards the Giordanas when I’m going on a longer ride. There really isn’t much in it, but I do feel that the Assos bibshorts might have a longer life. I have no experience with the Ciovita bibshorts

I have both too. The giordanas are superior in every area except the leg grippers. They're not at all bad, they just seem a little less durable than the assos' thick lycra. However the Giordana straps feel better, the lycra feels much better, and the chamois is an absolute dream. I hate the detached chamois of the assos and would prefer the seam and security. The waist coming uo higher than the assos is a nice touch.

Cant go wrong with either, but i would buy the Giordanas first.

Thanks in terms of sizing how do they compare? Should i go one or 2 sizes up?

Im 182 with a 38 waist. I use an XL assos, and XXL giordana. Hope that helps!

Im 182 with a 38 waist. I use an XL assos, and XXL giordana. Hope that helps!

Thanks. Im between sizes M-L so i think an XL should work for me then

Ive come to realise that investing in quality bibs is cheaper in the long run so decided to build up a good rotation.

I agree with spending money on good bibshorts. I’m 180cm and move between a 32-34 waist. I have large in both Assos and Giordana. They’re both a good fit. I hope

That helps.

I also have a pair of Castelli Inferno bibshorts. They’re great. The fit and quality is pretty good. I do prefer my Giordanas though. The sizing of Castelli kit can also be tricky. I’m a large in Giordana and Assos, but am an XL in Castelli.

Bit of a hijack: how would the Castelli bibs compare to these?

Most Italian/European bibs are highly rated for quality and comfort (when you've found the right fit):

Castelli, Santini, Nalini, Giordana, Endura, Sportful etc

Assos is equally good (some will say better) and just a whole lot more accessible in SA.

So the giordana i wanted at evobikes they dont have in stock at the store, gets sent directly from distributor. The price has also gone up since Tuesday. I think im going to go with assos. I would much rather like to see the product and try it on than ordering online and going through the hassle of exchanging.

So the giordana i wanted at evobikes they dont have in stock at the store, gets sent directly from distributor. The price has also gone up since Tuesday. I think im going to go with assos. I would much rather like to see the product and try it on than ordering online and going through the hassle of exchanging.

Yeah i get you. I got my Giordanas throigh cyclesharp, who were excellent at assiting me with sizing and their pricing is hard to beat. Would recommend you give them a shot, but if not, youre not going wrong with the assos anyway... Enjoy man!

So i got the assos Mille GT (S7 replacement) went for an 82km MTB ride. 

Great bib very comfy. Fit is amazing, got a medium and it fit like a glove. Very impressed so far.

Tried on a Supremo. Very tight fit. Tried a medium and a large. Large was still to tight which means i would need a XL. Tried the assos and called it a day.