Silverback Stride SX 2021 vs Titan Drone Expert 2021

SandileMdoko

Thanks Philip. This is really helpful.

I purchased a Silverback Stride SE in August. It is in my opinion a nice commuter bike and light riding, but I found that even on the lightest of trails it had a tendency to run wide in almost every turn. It might be my lack I have to add. 

Don't get me wrong its a nice bike and the Tektro Brakes does stop the bike but they are def not great. Personally I think the TITAN is a better all round package.

I, but I found that even on the lightest of trails it had a tendency to run wide in almost every turn. It might be my lack I have to add.

Ja that has nothing to do with the bike.

I purchased a Silverback Stride SE in August. It is in my opinion a nice commuter bike and light riding, but I found that even on the lightest of trails it had a tendency to run wide in almost every turn. It might be my lack I have to add. 

Don't get me wrong its a nice bike and the Tektro Brakes does stop the bike but they are def not great. Personally I think the TITAN is a better all round package.

Thanks Benna.

Titan has a boost thru axle frame and Silverback has QR dropouts.?

Maybe I am nit picking but that's a big no no to me for the Silverback

Why is quick release so bad. What does it do (or what doesn't it do) compared to boost.

Why is quick release so bad. What does it do (or what doesn't it do) compared to boost.

Once fitted and riding the differences may be minimal.

BUT ... removing and fitting the front wheel ... MUCH easier with a through axle !!

Rear wheel a through axle makes fitting even easier.

With our current rig I remove the front wheels when transporting the bikes. So get plenty opportunity to compare the QR on the one bike with the TA on the other.

Once fitted and riding the differences may be minimal.

BUT ... removing and fitting the front wheel ... MUCH easier with a through axle !!

Rear wheel a through axle makes fitting even easier.

With our current rig I remove the front wheels when transporting the bikes. So get plenty opportunity to compare the QR on the one bike with the TA on the other.

Yes, through axles are easier to fit an remove, but thats not really why they replaced QR.

It also has a lot to do with stability and stifness. It is a far superior axle design, and you get a much stiffer all round package with a thru axle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! Can anyone tell me where can I buy a 2021 Titan Drone? Or even a 2020 model.

I am a newbie, looking for a good bike to start with.

It seems like new bikes come in very limited numbers and if they’re sold out, they’re sold out....

Hi! Can anyone tell me where can I buy a 2021 Titan Drone? Or even a 2020 model.

I am a newbie, looking for a good bike to start with.

It seems like new bikes come in very limited numbers and if they’re sold out, they’re sold out....

Hi James

Welcome to Bike Hub, I am also still new here. Maybe you must start a new topic, as many people might not see your message here. The people here  are very helpful and they will definitely assist you to get a good bike.

I haven't seen the Titan Drone Expert 2021 model in South Africa and on the Titan website (https://www.titanracingbikes.com/mtb-range/). I have been patiently waiting for 2021 model. In Cape Town a number of stores have been promising me its coming since July until now. I decided to go for the 2020 model and managed to find the last one at  Sportsmans Warehouse in Joburg. I don't think other stores in Cape Town still have the 2020 model. Most stores in Cape Town have the Titan Drone Comp 2020. It's a very nice bike, but a bit expensive, it goes for 21k. Cheers.

Welcome to the Hub James.

Post lockdown the cycling world has gone crazy ... worldwide there have been a maasive sales craze for cycling goods, resulting in shortages all over ...

Most shop have pre sold their next shipments.

You can hunt around and may find that last one in a small town bike shop ... or get your name on the list at 2 or 3 bike shops.

Hope you get sorted

• 4 weeks later...

Hi everyone!

I am trying to get into mountain biking more and I have been looking for trails in Cape Town and a new bike. I was thinking the Titan Drone Expert 2021 but need some help to see if this is a good choice, I do mostly cross country and trails. If anyone knows where to find the titan drone expert anywhere please let me know. :)