Vittoria question

RDL101

Just over 2 bar

Don't you think that is a little soft? I know that is what people recommend but I've ridden mine at 40 psi or over double that Of course I weigh 185 lbs.

Thank you for all the replies. I will play around with the pressure a bit and see how it goes. I tend to ride to the trails from my house so don’t want to run too low pressure on the tar.

Have you had any luck finding a sweet spot and getting more grip? Understand you do not want to go too low for the purpose of riding on tar, but I also feel that 2 bar upfront on a 2.35 is excessive. Try dropping in 0.2 increments until you are happy. 1.6 for me is still fine for tar, but going to 1.3-1.4 is ideal for gravel. I weigh 73kg, but nonetheless one doesn't usually apply a lot of weight on the front tyre and the fork also absorbs bumps etc so you don't hit the rim. Excessive pressure will decrease grip on gravel.

I've been running Barzo front and Mezcal rear for 2 years now on 4 different bikes.

Ran a dual suspension at Munga 2019 with Mezcal front and rear at 2. 5 bar

This year ran a rigid hardtail with the same tyres but 1.2 front and 1.8 rear. I weigh 80kgs plus 16 for the bike in munga setup. It was beautiful.

Now I run all my barzos at 1 to 1.3 bar. Even on a dual suspension. Only thing is to be extremely careful on Rocky terrain. But tremendous grip on windy singletrack.