Hoender kry $1M

Andre Engelbrec

Utrecht, Netherlands - A Dutch judge on Wednesday ordered the Rabobank cycling team to pay Michael Rasmussen $1m compensation for wrongful dismissal after they fired him during last year's Tour de France for lying about his whereabouts to avoid doping tests.

The ruling comes after Rasmussen was handed a two-year ban from racing late on Tuesday by the Monaco cycling federation, which issued the Dane's pro license.

The Danish cycling federation confirmed the ban on its website, and said Rasmussen could appeal the decision to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

The damages ordered by the Dutch court included a $630 000) bonus Rasmussen would have been awarded by the team had he won the Tour de France.

< = =text/>

function pop(url)

{

window.open(url);

}

var u = window.location.href;

x=window;

e=x.encodeURIComponent;

var windowTitle = e(escape(document.title));

function checkIt()

{

}

function checkit()

{

var oldText = document.title;

var newText = oldText.replace(/'/g,"'")

return newText;

}

< =text/>

#shareArticle {width:100%; font-family:Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}

.sa_cont { float:left; width:100%; margin-right:15px; border-bottom:1px solid #ccc; border-top:1px solid #ccc; margin-bottom:5px; padding:5px 0px 5px 0px;}

.sa_contb { float:left; width:100%; margin-right:20px; }

.sa_cont_img { float:left; padding-right:5px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:5px; margin-right:10px;}

.sa_cont_img a{color:#000; text-decoration:none;}

.sa_cont_img a:hover{color:#000; text-decoration:underline;}

.sa_cont_imgp {padding-right:5px;}

.sa_cont_imgr { float:left; padding-right:5px; padding-top:5px; padding-bottom:5px; margin-right:20px;}

.sa_cont_imgr a{color:#cc0000; text-decoration:none; font-weight:bold;}

.sa_cont_imgr a:hover{color:#cc0000; text-decoration:underline; font-weight:bold;}

Is this classified information that it is appearing under "Classifieds"?

smiley36.gif

The chickens have come home to roost on this one, although it was a bit of a 'cock' up right from the start, but lets not go 'down' that road. At least winning the appeal is a feather in his cap. Hopefully his 'wings' will be clipped and he won't be 'flying' around anymore dodging drug tests.

The chickens have come home to roost on this one' date=' although it was a bit of a 'cock' up right from the start, but lets not go 'down' that road. At least winning the appeal is a feather in his cap. Hopefully his 'wings' will be clipped and he won't be 'flying' around anymore dodging drug tests.

[/quote']

Wonder if Landis will pick up on this seedy subject and start pecking at his appealLOLLOLLOL