Spinning bike cranks

The Pink Mouse

I have been told some, let’s call ‘interesting’ things by gym staff in the past. I wouldn’t take it at face value.

You mentioned you are a spinning instructor. If the movements described is detriment to you offering a class. My suggestion would; see which manufacture make the bike, and speak to one of their technical advisors.

They should be able to give you all the necessary information. You could potentially educate the gym manager.

Tell us more on the interesting things gym staff have told you !

I've changed the movement slightly, to accommodate the gym.

Will definitely do a bit more investigation.

I certainly don't do stupid things on the bikes & have never ever had problems.

If you Put your Full Weight on One Pedal (100Kg) it Is Possible to Damage or Bend the Pedal.

Spinning bikes tend to Have Chinese Made (Not Top) Pedals and Yes I have seen Damaged Pedals.

Most Common is that the Plastic Cracks At the Steel Insert for the Bearings.

Maybe the Gym Honcho meant this kind of damage but just called it the Crank being in a Cranky Mood.

The Steel Crank Arms Will Not Bend.

Edited by dasilvarsa

If you Put your Full Weight on One Pedal (100Kg) it Is Possible to Damage or Bend the Pedal.

Spinning bikes tend to Have Chinese Made (Not Top) Pedals and Yes I have seen Damaged Pedals.

Most Common is that the Plastic Cracks At the Steel Insert for the Bearings.

Maybe the Gym Honcho meant this kind of damage but just called it the Crank being in a Cranky Mood.

The Steel Crank Arms Will Not Bend.

Thank you dasilvarsa, these bikes can take 180 kg I checked the specs. I think the heavies on them is are around 120kg at most.

Yes that what I was thinking more to do with the bearings wearing and cheap equipment. As I said before these are NOT cheap commercial bikes so cant see that the axle or cranks can be rubbish. I definitely am not doing that crazy swinging around on them.

Only what one would do on a road bike, peddle or stand up.