SLX M7/7100 crank and BSA threaded BB compatibility

lechatnoir

I have a Lyne pulse crankset that's running in a BSA threaded BB. Will an SLX M7/7100 crankset fit? the BB shells is 73mm and there are no spacers between the cups and shell

I have a Lyne pulse crankset that's running in a BSA threaded BB. Will an SLX M7/7100 crankset fit? the BB shells is 73mm and there are no spacers between the cups and shell

The Lyne uses a Sram bearing setup if im not mistaken. It'll fit the shell fine but you'll need a Shimano/24mm BB to make it work

As Butterbean said, Shimano uses a straight 24mm spindle while SRAM GXP/Lyne uses a tapered Spindle.

It won't work.

You need a 24mm spindle BB like a shimano, FSA mega exo, Race Face 24 or an aerozine BB etc....

I picked up 2 x Shimano BB's at R250 zar each from Evo bikes a while ago. They go cheap often

This is very anecdotal, but i have found that bb's for 24mm spindles last longer than bb's for 30mm spindles.