Cycle4Cansa 2021

Ryan I

Hi All,

I am more of a MTB'er and but did the last 94.7 and will do this years race - if it happens. I have entered the Cycle4Cansa 103km on the 21st of August and have booked the family in at Sun City for the weekend. Hoping for some warm weather for a change.

I am a bit worried that there is no news or chat about this race. Makes me wonder if it is going ahead. Anyone else on this forum that has entered?

FB site hasnt posted anything since Oct 2020 and no emails from organisers etc.

Thanks for any input.

I got an email on tuesday to say they are postponing it and are looking at September / October.

I am very disappointed with the organisers of this event. I have emailed them countless times, called their number, posted to their FB site and never an answer or response.

Today I went into their web site and now see the dates are TBC. I presume this means event postponed.

I would think that entries are entitled to an email explaining what is going on.

1 hour ago, Ryan I said:

I am very disappointed with the organisers of this event. I have emailed them countless times, called their number, posted to their FB site and never an answer or response.

Today I went into their web site and now see the dates are TBC. I presume this means event postponed.

I would think that entries are entitled to an email explaining what is going on.

Is that the same as "assume"?

Jokes aside, if this is your first time dealing with this organiser, then you'll soon learnt that they don't communicate well, as well as feed BS to the market.

1 hour ago, Ryan I said:

see above, I got an email from them (even though I didnt enter).

I've only done one race with them, it was postponed, twice (if I recall correctly), but they transferred my race entry to the new event.

But, as mentioned by Frosty, communication is most certainly not in their top 10 strong points.

• 2 weeks later...

Event definitely cancelled/postponed. I suspect this is due to low entries and not COVID. I have finally received an email from the organisers. 

At least Sun city have agreed to refund the accommodation. These times are so damned uncertain. you just cannot commit to anything at the moment.