Morewood Zula 27.5 Derailleur Hanger Needed

danryding

I'm really hoping that a Hubber can help me on this one.

I have a Morewood Zula 27.5 with the X12 rear axle and would really like to have a spare derailleur hanger, otherwise a breakage could ruin a ride/holiday or even result in me having to scrap the frame...

Looking around (pretty thoroughly) at all the online derailleur hanger providers has come up with nothing. It seems that the Morewood hanger might just be a custom one-off?

If anyone has one / knows where to get one / has Patrick Morewood's contact details, please let me know.

I've attached a couple of pics of the hanger.

Thanks

Hanger_inside.jpg

Hanger_outside.jpg

Patrick had left Morewood when that frame was released.

You're probably going to have to get one custom machined for you.

It might be common to another bike, perhaps another Hubber can shed further light on the matter though.

Btw, lovely little bike that!

My wife has the 26er Zula with QR. We also lack a spare but in many years she hasn't even bent it. I on the other hand have bent a few  hangers but never broken one in over 25 years of riding and many hard crashes. Just make sure you have a shifting spanner handy to bend it straight and bike shops usually have tools to do a proper job. I wouldn't worry too much about a spare if I were you.

The QR Morewood frames used a commonly available hanger design (Giant perhaps), but they machined their own, custom hangers which they supplied.

These were way stronger than the forged hangers in common use before that.

You are more likely to break your derrailer than to bend one of those hangers.

The same applies here to the OP, as that is an incredibly strong hanger design which is likely to survive the usual bumps and bruises of mtb'ing.

Accidents happen though...

Trashy, as you say it is a great bike. I'm very happy and really don't feel the need for a change, hence the search for a spare hanger ... just in case.

The hanger is very substantial and does not look like it would easily be damaged - needs a 12mm hex wrench to remove! Maybe I just need to focus on riding and not worrying????