Replacement for Spank Oozy 395+ Trail Rim 29” 28 hole

CJG

Good day all! I need a few suggestions.

I need to replace a cracked Spank Oozy Trail 395+ Rear rim. The issue is that I can only find the 32 hole and struggling to find the 28hole. 

do I go for a similar size 28 hole rim? If yes, please assist with suggestions

thanks

There were a couple Spank 28H rims brought in by the agents a couple weeks back, your LBS should be able to help you out. Other DT Swiss are likely the only ones you might find in stock.

Most rims are an issue at the moment with stock, 28H just makes it worse

8 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

There were a couple Spank 28H rims brought in by the agents a couple weeks back, your LBS should be able to help you out. Other DT Swiss are likely the only ones you might find in stock.

Most rims are an issue at the moment with stock, 28H just makes it worse

I’m based in Kenya, so will need to ship from Europe or US - Spank don’t have any in stock at the moment either. Will only be able to get in the next 60 days.

I can’t wait 60 days, so will look for a similar rim to the Spank’s 28 hole, with a inner width of 35mm

any alternative suggestions?

Bontrager carbon rims are 28h if that's within your budget, lifetime guarantee and all that jazz

Basically any 28H rim will work, if you importing then maybe Chain reaction has something in their Nukeproof range?

The important number to look for is the ERD if you are wanting to keep your spokes and nipples. The ERD will basically give you the diameter of the rim at the point where the nipples rest on. ±2mm should be fine and you can keep the same spoke length.

7 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Basically any 28H rim will work, if you importing then maybe Chain reaction has something in their Nukeproof range?

The important number to look for is the ERD if you are wanting to keep your spokes and nipples. The ERD will basically give you the diameter of the rim at the point where the nipples rest on. ±2mm should be fine and you can keep the same spoke length.

Thanks, will have a chat to the guys at chain reaction cycles as well