27.5 x 3.0 Tyre Stock

birkettN

As per the title, looking for 27.5 x 3.0 for my Stumpy 6Fattie.

I've looked around google and called a couple shops but nobody seems to have stock.

10 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Revolution in the CBD> SJ was bragging to me the other day about his stock of 275 tyres :)

Thanks bud will check them out

2 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

JNo 2.8? The Spez tyres measure pretty true to size unlike MaxAss. Unfortunate though :(

Im running 2.8 at the moment, thought I would try it bcos I couldnt get 3.0's. It doesn't feel right

I bought from R2 Bike (Germany) last year when I could not find any stock locally. Didn’t take to long to arrive and the price was around R950 per tire after tax (Nobby Nic and Rocket Ron).

1 hour ago, birkettN said:

I've looked around google and called a couple shops but nobody seems to have stock.

I can help you out with 27.5x2.8 Vee rubber Bulldozers R400 each new if you dont come right

18 hours ago, birkettN said:

Hi there, unfortunately we don't have 27.5 x 3.0 available, but the 2.8's should work well:

https://www.specialized.com/za/en/shop/equipment/bike-components/tires--tubes/c/tirestubes?q=%3Aprice-desc%3Aarchived%3Afalse%3Asize%3A27.5%2F650b%2Bx%2B2.8

Thanks for all the replies but as stated above I'm running 2.8's already and it doesn't feel good. I need 3.0's

1 minute ago, birkettN said:

Thanks for all the replies but as stated above I'm running 2.8's already and it doesn't feel good. I need 3.0's

Might I ask which 2.8 you are running? Tread pattern AND sidewall. The sidewall can make a moerse difference to the feel to the point where you could step to a 2.8 with a sidewall more appropriate to what it is you want from the feel of the tyre and prolly notice min/no difference.

Interesting discussion to have. RSA consumers seem to have no clue about sidewalls and our importers until very recently have been, IMO, useless at educating their clients on it either.

Specialized Slaughter Grids. The bike came with Specialized Purgatory Grid 3.0 which I had to replace.

Is it just a case of stock not available currently or is this a market trend of manufacturing less and less 3.0 tyres? 

I could get 29er wheels and run a 2.3" tyre, but I want to use the bike as it was intended and felt really good

9 minutes ago, Thermophage said:

Might I ask which 2.8 you are running? Tread pattern AND sidewall. The sidewall can make a moerse difference to the feel to the point where you could step to a 2.8 with a sidewall more appropriate to what it is you want from the feel of the tyre and prolly notice min/no difference.

Interesting discussion to have. RSA consumers seem to have no clue about sidewalls and our importers until very recently have been, IMO, useless at educating their clients on it either.

The issue isn't only feel of sidewall. Because of the smaller tyre size I am now ever so closer to the ground, meaning more pedal strikes etc

3 minutes ago, birkettN said:

The issue isn't only feel of sidewall. Because of the smaller tyre size I am now ever so closer to the ground, meaning more pedal strikes etc

That's interesting to hear. I wonder what the difference in radius is between the 2.8 and 3" Slaughter or other tyre for that matter.